Unit 28 Idaho

Well made the 36 hour drive from Va to Salmon ID pulled into the hotel and noticed we had a slight transmission leak. Took the truck to a shop to find out we cracked the transmission and needed a new one. So we rented a 15 foot Uhaul box truck till the transmission gets here on the 14th been scouting and today is day one and have only seen 4 does at one spot and 7 at another can’t really get into good areas due to not have a reliable vehicle at the moment . What elevations would anyone suggest at this time of the year and if anyone is willing to give two LE personal just some hints would be greatly appreciated hopefully once we get the truck back we can hit some higher spots.

AZ_J

FNG
Im currently up here in Cobalt for work, been up here since June. Living in Salmon at the moment. Before mid september we had (5) resident bucks here on the mine property, Im sure because they knew they are protected here. It is about 7900 ft.

I've seen deer from 5000 ft on Panther creek road anywhere in between. Mostly above 6500 ft mark

OP
Rucksack88
Im currently up here in Cobalt for work, been up here since June. Living in Salmon at the moment. Before mid september we had (5) resident bucks here on the mine property, Im sure because they knew they are protected here. It is about 7900 ft.

I've seen deer from 5000 ft on Panther creek road anywhere in between. Mostly above 6500 ft mark
Thanks for the info hopefully the snow helps a bit also

AZ_J

FNG
It sure as shit makes my work up here trying to pour concrete and hang steel up here more difficult. At least for today.
But for deer, should push them to more of the taller timber areas that have reduced snowfall.

AZ_J

FNG
Nice bucks!
Were you the truck and camper parked up top right before the switchback descent into deep creek? Saw 2 bucks hanging one morning and then no camp in the afternoon, figured everyone tagged out.

OP
Rucksack88
Congrats!

I don’t know why but picturing you guy driving that uhaul around makes me laugh
It deff was the talk of the town for awhile people all the time was asking what’s the deal with the box truck

OP
Rucksack88
I can see the headlines now
"Poaching ring disguised as movers busted in small Idaho town"

Hope you got a few photos with your racks and the Uhaul. Congrats!
Yea first game check station we came to the were like ok what’s in the back and what’s the story lol 😂