Unit 62 CO drought

HUNT JR

WKR
I know that a majority of the west is in a drought right now. This unit has some very dry low country, but is the high country on the Uncompahgre Plateau more drought resistant and going to still produce good feed?

LaGriz

WKR
My 2020 Archery Summery,

My hunting buddy and I payed a fee for private land access in 62 (OTC) that included the use of a cabin. Property had several 640 acre homesteads, some of witch some were linked together. We finally got into elk on the last two days but the drought was brutal to this unit. Cattle and horses were everywhere, and the grass was nibbled down to nothing. Got the impression that it was an exceptionally poor year for locating elk.

The cabin ran out of water (day 3) that was routinely piped in from a near by stream. Level had dropped too low to get any flow. The staff fetched us a 250 gallon tank on a trailer to accommodate our needs. Was rough getting to sleep the first night due to the "mouse traffic". I did trap 11 mice total on the 9 day hunt. The staff was pretty decent, but the lack of fresh sign (or sightings) was hard to deal with. We are both retirees and this was (on our budget) a hefty expense. Poorest results we have had since the 2013 Monsoon!

LaGriz

OP
HUNT JR

HUNT JR

WKR
TTT I drew this tag and am looking for other input if available. PM me if you do not want to put it on the open internet.

Thanks