Unknown Munitions

JTRN

FNG
I can't say enough about Unknown Munitions and the quality of work Jake does. Unknown Munitions just finished a load development for my rifle and I couldn't be happier. I would say I'm an "alright" shooter and on range day, I was able to get a 1/4 inch group at 100 yards. When I decided to stretch its legs, I started shooting at an 1100 yard steel plate and was nailing that thing time and time again. I'm ecstatic with the results and anyone that works with Jake at Unknown Munitions will be the same. I highly recommend.

Jake

Mlank

FNG
I'd like to second this motion and I haven't even shot my ammo yet. Long story short, I'm a rifle/ammo simpleton and made a mistake ordering some .223 TMK; the ammo would not fit in my Tikka mag bc it was the longer "Bolt Gun 2.420 COAL" and I should have specified "AR 2.240 COAL" which would be more like standard .223 factory ammo.

Jake was quick to respond to me when I contacted them on the issue and he is going above and beyond to help me out. I'm sending the longer ammo back to him and he will be get me the standard sized cartridges I need. Thus, I hold Unknown Munitions in very high regards, I can't praise the customer service enough. If this ammo shoots as well as I am hoping it will (and for me that just means decent at hunting ranges), I'm a convinced, new life-time customer for my ammo needs. Thanks again to the company and Jake.

daddie63

WKR
I ordered a ladder test from Jake for my 7 mag that just had a new barrel Installed. It showed up and looks great.
The kick in the sack is that we just moved and all my rifles are locked away until we land somewhere. Who knows how long until I can shoot it...
That aside talking and working with Jake has been great.

I'd like to second this motion and I haven't even shot my ammo yet. Long story short, I'm a rifle/ammo simpleton and made a mistake ordering some .223 TMK; the ammo would not fit in my Tikka mag bc it was the longer "Bolt Gun 2.420 COAL" and I should have specified "AR 2.240 COAL" which would be more like standard .223 factory ammo.

Jake was quick to respond to me when I contacted them on the issue and he is going above and beyond to help me out. I'm sending the longer ammo back to him and he will be get me the standard sized cartridges I need. Thus, I hold Unknown Munitions in very high regards, I can't praise the customer service enough. If this ammo shoots as well as I am hoping it will (and for me that just means decent at hunting ranges), I'm a convinced, new life-time customer for my ammo needs. Thanks again to the company and Jake.

I'd buy a magazine that accommodates the longer ammo before neutering it by making it fit in a AR length mag. 77 TMKs seated to AR length mags are seated really deep into the case.

These guys make longer coal ammo for stock bottom metal.

You can get CTR bottom metal and run CTR mags that would work with that ammo.

You can get aftermarket AICS compatible bottom metal and use AICS mags that accommodate it.

Buck197

WKR
Just to renew this thread and give Jake and Unknown Munitions another shout out. Great customer service. Ordered 2 sample packs, 1 for .270, Tikka t3x lite, and a .308 Tikka also. I had absolutely no clue whom they were til seeing all of the compliments here on the forum.
Great customer service, Jake is great for answering questions, and so far, in the .270 sample pack, the worst group of 3 different types fired was right under 3/4", in the .308, I shot 4 rounds, right at 3/8". Didn't have a caliper handy, so just measured off of a cloth tape, and shooting it in a lower end rest.
Just a quick shout out for good folks, great ammo.

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
Another + 1 for Jake!! A buddy and I have been taking our tikka 6.5cm's out to 1000 and running factory and Unknown stuff. The unknown loads are lights out!!! Quality stuff and a great price for what your are getting!!

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Also very impressed with Unknown Munitions. Last fall I needed a backup plan for my upcoming December coues deer hunt. I have a killer load worked up using N565 and Berger 156s for my 6.5 PRC but I was running low on reloading supplies and was worried I wouldn’t have enough to get a little practice in and still have a handful left for the hunt. I ordered a box of 50 using the same components except with Hornady brass instead of ADG, and when I took it to the range, the UM load was a little high and left from my hand load zero but was totally consistent and shot under a half minute. Easy re-zero had I needed to, and I had complete confidence in the ammo for my hunt. Plus I measured about 10 for BTO consistency and each one was dead on per the the length I specified in my order. Excellent work.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to bump this thread to the top to share a positive recent experience I had with Unknown Munitions. I placed an order a few weeks ago for some 6mm 109 Hybrids in Hornady brass. I got a shipping notification about 3 weeks later, which was a week quicker than their estimated lead time.

Fast-forward a week, and the FedEx tracking said my ammo was delivered, but when I got home from work, it wasn't at my house. I gave it another day, and then filed a claim with FedEx assuming they lost my package. I also sent an email to Unknown Munitions to let them know what happened.

I got a response the very next day, and turns out that they had actually put the wrong address on the box, and the package was actually delivered to that incorrect address. They shared that address with me and also let me know that if I couldn't retrieve it, they would load my ammo again, no questions asked.

I was able to retrieve my package with no hassle, so I have the ammo in my possession. After opening the package, I see that my bullets are actually loaded into Peterson brass, not Hornady. I'm guessing there was a stocking error on the site, but they decided to load my ammo in the more premium brass and honor the original pricing.

They are a top notch company and I will be giving them business for years to come.