Up in smoke

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
First of all, I want to thank everyone who has reached out and offered to help. What a great bunch of guys and gals Rokslide has! For those who have offered gear, clothes, etc - it is very generous and I’m grateful. I may take you up on the offers to replace some of what was lost, but before that happens I want to see what insurance will cover for the personal items and gear. I have a good job and insurance and although I’m a cheap-ass, I would hate to abuse your generosity when others are in more need than I am.

I am going to hold off on returning my son’s elk tag until August. The issue with his elk hunt is less about the tag cost, and more about the other associated cost (gas, food, rental truck, etc) combined with the hits of the gear and trailer/ATV losses. That’s a lot to spend on a DIY MT general elk tag that has a very likely chance of coming home empty-handed. If it was a LE permit or some kind of great hunt, the math would be different. I have a standing financial and personal commitment to a DIY AK hunt and I’m hoping I can take Riley with me as a consolation for not getting to go hunt elk. I can’t thank you again to all the Roksliders and their willingness to help. John
@dirtytough
@BLJ
@Sccritterkiller
@Billy Goat
@CorbLand
@Team4LongGun
@Salmon River Solutions
@100percent
@Robster

Last edited:

tony

WKR
That trailer, looks like a steel frame/steel grate deck/drop down ramp?
Tractor Supply or Rural king sells them pretty reasonably
Or maybe see what it would cost to rebuild it. Theres not much there, lights, wire tires, maybe tear the axle down, bearings, brakes, sand blast or wire wheel it.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
My face today realizing I can’t find my Sig 2400BDX and my Simms carbon landing net… that’s $750 right there…. I wonder what else I’m missing that I haven’t figured out yet!

giphy-downsized.gif

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
The trailer ended up being covered by my HO policy, paid directly to my buddy who owned the trailer. He got a reasonable offer. He probably got close to what he would have sold it for, maybe a little less. We are salvaging the trailer for $125 and going to try and rebuild it better, stronger, faster.

1714233611492.gif

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
That trailer, looks like a steel frame/steel grate deck/drop down ramp?
Tractor Supply or Rural king sells them pretty reasonably
Or maybe see what it would cost to rebuild it. Theres not much there, lights, wire tires, maybe tear the axle down, bearings, brakes, sand blast or wire wheel it.
We are going to salvage it.

Scottyboy

WKR
My face today realizing I can’t find my Sig 2400BDX and my Simms carbon landing net… that’s $750 right there…. I wonder what else I’m missing that I haven’t figured out yet!

View attachment 704826

I don’t have a 2400 bdx, but I do have an 1800bdx that you can have. Send me a DM with your address. Shit, if nothing else use it until you get your replacement and then send it back…or give to someone else.