Upcoming REI sale

Ozz08

WKR
Thanks guys. I wasn't trying to call you out or anything slim I really wanted to know. After reading my post again kinda reads like I was calling you out. Hope you didn't take it that way.

I have used the Fly Creek 1 on extended (10 day) hunts, in almost constant rain, without any issues. I've never experienced any serious winds, so can't attest to that, but this tent has done me well. It's definitely not a bomb shelter, but for a 1 person, 3 season tent that weighs 2 lbs. 3 oz. I think you'd be hard pressed to beat it.

slim9300

WKR
Thanks guys. I wasn't trying to call you out or anything slim I really wanted to know. After reading my post again kinda reads like I was calling you out. Hope you didn't take it that way.

No. Not at all. I don't like talking badly about products that I haven't personally "broken" or that have failed for me. I have seen the tent setup and played around with it a little bit. I have also talked to people who have used it and have seen it fail. That was enough for me.

I can tell you that two late Septembers in the the last 6 years of hunting MT, it dumped 12" of snow on us overnight. There is a reason I upgraded from the good ole' Bibler Tri-Pod bivy. Lol. I used to have the idea that lighter is always better, but I came to realize that is not always true for me.

Last edited:

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
"Lighter" is to prevent suffering on the way to and from a destination. But if in trade it just transfers the suffering to the time you spend at the destination, then it didnt move the suffering to the correct time frame. It moved it to the wrong time frame. Preferably "lighter" would move the suffering to the purchase counter and away from the field.

Its a delicate task keeping the suffering evenly spread out so it remains bearable at all times.

I'm going to REI, I just dont know for what yet. I'll impulse shop!!!

slim9300

WKR
"Lighter" is to prevent suffering on the way to and from a destination. But if in trade it just transfers the suffering to the time you spend at the destination, then it didnt move the suffering to the correct time frame. It moved it to the wrong time frame. Preferably "lighter" would move the suffering to the purchase counter and away from the field.

Its a delicate task keeping the suffering evenly spread out so it remains bearable at all times.

I'm going to REI, I just dont know for what yet. I'll impulse shop!!!

Solid piece of wisdom. ;)

slim9300

WKR
Got my wife a Gregory Z30 and a spare SynMat UL 7 L. The best part is that they had SmartWool hiker socks for $11. I try not to buy too much from REI but those were some great deals.