Upgrade from Nikon LaserForce to Sig KILO3000BDX

Hello All,

I currently own a Nikon LaserForce, but I am looking to upgrade to the Sig KIlo3000BDX.

I am not concerned about all the electronics in the Kilo3000. I am most concerned about the glass quality.

Has anyone ever used both? which one is better as far as glass is concerned? I was told that the KIlo3000 is

brighter while glassing outside opposed to the Nikon, but that is it.

Any help would be helpful. Everyone is really knowledgeable on here, if there is a better optic that does not

break the bank, which means under 1,500.00 that is light in comparison to the fore mention optics I am all ears.

Thanks for any input!! :D

OP
Mountainman007
WOW That was fast!! Thank you for the quick response!

So the GPO RangeGuide would be a OMG difference between the LaserForce as far as glass is concerned? the price

is not to far from my buget.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
WOW That was fast!! Thank you for the quick response!

So the GPO RangeGuide would be a OMG difference between the LaserForce as far as glass is concerned? the price

is not to far from my buget.
It wouldn't be a Corvette vs a Camry but it would be an obvious upgrade optically

OP
Mountainman007
Has anyone ever heard of Meopta Optika LR 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular? it's new for 2021

ZackP

WKR
My eyes didn’t see much of a difference between the MHG and the LaserForce.

Both are a step above in glass quality IMO than the 3000 Sig, which I would put next the Viper HD.

OP
Mountainman007
thanks for that info...

gr8fuldoug: of the two mentioned above i.e., Meopta Optika LR and the GPO RangeGuide, which has better glass? they are both pretty small and close to same weight, same price point, and have good ranging capabilities.

Last edited:
OP
Mountainman007
Thanks for all the information! I think I will go with the GPO. I like the 50mm objective over the 42mm. the weight between the two are only .2lb difference, the Meopta edging it out, Also the laser goes farther for spotting animals. The GPO also has more features including a temp sensor.

OP
Mountainman007
I have been looking at another bino Rangefinder. Leica Geovid R 10X42mm

Comparing the glass, to the GPO. They are in the same price range.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these two Bino rangefinders?

Last edited:

lemirage

FNG
Late reply but... look for the Delta 9x45 RF . Those are OMG binos. Tried them next to my Swaro. less than half the price. great set, period

OP
Mountainman007
Late reply but... look for the Delta 9x45 RF . Those are OMG binos. Tried them next to my Swaro. less than half the price. great set, period

Wow Thank you for that info!! So are those going to better than the GPO glass wise? They do weight less. I do like that the GPO are 10X50mm. but is there really a big difference between 9 power and 10 power? and 45mm and 50mm? these may be silly or stupid questions, but any info would be greatly appreciated. I can get these from the same Euro website. 😃

the price are about 100.00 dollars difference.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OP
Mountainman007
OP
Mountainman007
Thanks Doug for all the great INFO! You have been a Fountain of knowledge!! :geek:

and thank you everyone else for chiming in as well! :D:D

OP
Mountainman007
Thanks Doug for all the great INFO! You have been a Fountain of knowledge!! :geek:

and thank you everyone else for chiming in as well! :D:D
I do have a quick question for you Doug... is 9X45 any better or worse then 10X50 or 10X42? will I really see a

difference in power and diameter.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do have a quick question for you Doug... is 9X45 any better or worse then 10X50 or 10X42? will I really see a

difference in power and diameter.
9x are few and far between, not exactly sure what the allure is. 8x or 10x has been standard for years, 9x seems like a compromise size that none of the major optics mfg's seem interested in

OP
Mountainman007
OK.... So, my New Delta's came in and they are OMG!! glass compared to both my Nikon and my Sig that a briefly had, and my Vortex Razor Spotting scope. The clarification on these Deltas is super amazing!! The rangefinder is super quick, faster than my Nikon, and way faster than the Sig and super comfortable on the eye relief.

Now granted I haven't looked into a Swaro or really any Alpha Bino's for that matter.

All I can say OMG!!😲😲😲😃

Thank you so much for turning me on to these Deltas Lemirage!!😀😀

I am heading out on an Elk Shed hunt, I will let you all know how the Delta's do in the field.

Last edited: