USPS Woes

smilner01

FNG
I bought a 450BM mag off a guy on another forum because optics planet said the 2 I ordered from them were backordered for a month. I didn’t look that the one I ordered from the forum was coming from MI and it was “ in transit” for 17 days until it pinged 147 miles away from where it was sent from . then went “in transit” for another 15 days till it showed delivered to my mailbox. Lol got the original 2 mags three days before the single one came in. Total of 32 days from MI to TX

kpk

WKR
I'm fairly concerned about the sportsmatch rings I ordered too. I ordered a couple sets and they dropped in Chicago - then went directly to Texas and haven't moved in awhile. I'm in MN.......

wyosam

WKR
I’ve had way better luck with the post office than FedEx lately. Which is a bummer, since a good percentage of what I buy online ends up on a FedEx truck. Find reloading components in stock, then wait a while for the seller to ship it, then watch the tracking as a box of gunpowder wanders aimlessly around the country for a week or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
I ordered a scope from Cameraland on Dec. 18. As of this morning, the last entry by USPS was on Dec. 29 saying 'in transit, arriving late." Starting to get nervous about ever receiving it.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a scope from Cameraland on Dec. 18. As of this morning, the last entry by USPS was on Dec. 29 saying 'in transit, arriving late." Starting to get nervous about ever receiving it.

I recommend filing a missing mail inquiry if you haven’t already. Many reports - including my own experience - that this seems to get things moving again.

sndmn11

WKR
I have had ZERO hiccups with USPS until this year. Have a Tikka barrel last scanned 12/31 l, and a LRTSi that was last scanned 01/04. I have cases opened as of this past Monday, and they were "escalated" today.
I have gotten a dozen packages right spot on time via USPS since the turn of the year, but these ones are the outliers.

Shipped a 2 day priority envelope on Tuesday before 11. From idaho to West Virginia. Last update was it arrived at the distribution center in Puerto Rico!!!! Today..

Jauwater

WKR
I've had a package missing for 4 weeks. Tracking popped up on it, I believe last Friday. It showed up to the distribution center here in town. I was pretty happy. Just checked tracking this morning, and now the product is back in Utah

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

I had a bow take 6 weeks from NJ to MI. Thought that one was gone. Then one day the tracking popped up that it was out for delivery. You just never know with USPS.

tjb44

FNG
Luckily I haven’t had anything completely lost, but I have had some serious delays to the point of having to call the location one of my packages was stuck in and ask them what the F was going on. They got it moving once I hounded them a bit for it. These days I always offer to pay a little extra to a seller if they’ll use UPS or even FedEx.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
USPS is terrible, they just keep getting worse and worse. I have a dozen or so packages on the way, every day I go to the PO and....nothing, week after week, delayed packages, no tracking info, same old same old. Of course they always have some BS excuse as to why they will continue to take your $$$ but not provide the adequate service you paid for.

WCB

WKR
i'm the opposite. i have gotten to where i wont buy from a vendor if i see (at the end) that they use FedEX. i am 100% unsuccesful with a FEDex delivery.
I am now in your boat...just had to deal with FedEx on a delivery to my house. Never showed even though tracking said they attempted delivery. Complete lie as I was in the house in my office less than 25ft from my front door all day on the days the "attempted" delivery. I also have two dogs that are at the front door if anybody sets foot on my sidewalk.

Then after contacting them they told my wife that they attempted to drop it off and since they did that they would have to go back to the company I purchased from and charge them again to try and redeliver. Needless to say my wife made it very clear she was not mad at the person she was talking to, but gave them an earful at how dishonest and thieving what they were trying to do was.

DuckDogDr

WKR
UPS for here . My delivery guy takes care of me. I had a big order that was supposed to be delivered. I got held up somewhere., wasn't home when it was to be delivered, left me a note said he was worried it would be stolen .
Said he would just drop at my parents house 5 miles up the road when he finished his shift.

USPS on the other hand...terrible

gbflyer

WKR
UPS parcel from Midway right at a month now and is lost. Reshipped USPS arrived to Alaska in 4 days.

F&@$ UPS

FLATHEAD

WKR
If you send anything of value with the USPS, be sure to insure it and send
it signed receipt. Otherwise, it magically disappears.

grfox92

WKR
You should contact qualified employees of this service. Priority mail deliveries are made in three or four days. First class shipping packages are accepted depending on the distance from one to four days.
I'm always curious as to how new members consistently find and reply to threads that are 6 months - 10 years old. Especially threads that like this one that would never be searched for, for any rational reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk