USPS Woes

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
I've recently started to wonder how it must feel to be a postal worker delivering 99% junk mail every day. It can't possibly be satisfying.

Rob5589

WKR
USPS has been a dumpster fire as of late. They have lost stuff, redirected packages hundreds of miles away when it was right here in town, long delays in delivery, etc. Never had an issue until recently.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There needs to be 3rd party oversight for these shipping companies. I had a package get destroyed by usps, box got torn open, things were lost, the rest was badly damaged.

Their response:

“We have determined that we are not responsible for the damage to the package”......

It was in their care, they were providing a service I paid for, why are they allowed to decide they are not responsible???

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got my package just now. 2nd time scheduled was the charm.

WCB

WKR
I avoid USPS like the plague. Never had an issue with Fedex or UPS. I agree with what someone said above there should be some kind of oversight...same with airlines.

boom

WKR
I avoid USPS like the plague. Never had an issue with Fedex or UPS. I agree with what someone said above there should be some kind of oversight...same with airlines.
i'm the opposite. i have gotten to where i wont buy from a vendor if i see (at the end) that they use FedEX. i am 100% unsuccesful with a FEDex delivery.

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
I hd bought a grip for a bow through the classifieds and it fell out of the box I guess some where. Filling online was a pain. It took a few weeks but I finally got back my 20 dollars...

USPS is literally the worst.

My s/o moved in with me two months ago, we did the entire address change, put the names in the mailbox lid, etc. process and they refuse to deliver her packages still. We even got the postal inspector involved and finally got a call back from the HUB, all for them to tell us that the driver said "they didn't specify an apartment number so I don't know where to drop it off".

We live in a house in the middle of a neighborhood, full of houses exclusively, and the same driver delivers my packages every day to the front door, to the same address....can't explain that shit.

Last edited:
I have had the worst luck with FedEx.

But keep in mind the times and the incredible increase in packages. Not saying that it makes loosing a package except able, but definitely a reason for delays.

As I wait at the end of my driveway that's a mile long for a ups driver at 7pm so they don't need to come down the lane. Another 15 minutes and I'm going to figure it ain't coming today.

Erict

WKR
^^^
Not sticking up for USPS or the other shipping businesses, but we did just have what will likely be the biggest "black Friday" and "cyber Monday" ever, on top of the "normal" COVID delays....

Beendare

WKR
USPS screwed me...
Time and technology has made the postal service practically obsolete. Its time to scale it out of existence don't you think?

Do you really need your mail every day...vs maybe twice a week?

Time to slowly dismantle the Postal service.....but politicians keeps throwing Billions of $$$$ down a rat hole with them every year.

fwafwow

WKR
USPS screwed me... I mailed an item to a fellow member here on RS and they lost the item. I opened an online inquiry and they closed it without resolving, then I tried to call their customer service line and it just tells you to go online. So I went the my local post office and talked to them. They gave me the number to the last Post Office to handle it and they don't pick up. So being the outstanding citizen I am I refunded the other member their money and am now attempting to collect the insurance on the package. But OMG is it like pulling teeth from them to get an insurance claim. Rant complete.
Similar story here - shipped a RF pouch to a RS member on 10/5. The USPS is supposedly still looking for it, and the nice people just send me to a number that rings incessantly. I refunded a while ago the funds to the buyer but he was very understanding. One problem is partially my fault - I was recovering from an injury and let my wife walk the package into the PO and she paid for regular, not 1st class - without insurance. Doh!

I’ve got another package in transit to a RS member, via USPS, and it was supposed to be delivered Monday....

Ucsdryder

WKR
Try this on for size. They got close! Then decided to start over. Round and round we go...

168C3B3C-BADF-4712-866E-851C85D9E18A.png

I am in the process of fighting with hem and Cabela's at the moment over a $500 crossbow, that was "delivered: but really not ever delivered.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
If it makes you feel better I had the same issue selling a tent to another member a few years ago. It all worked out tho after a few hours of my life wasted on the phone I got the insurance check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait until they lose an action that you traded for! USPS has been rather terrible lately but I do agree during these times they are probably processing an extraordinary amount of packages a day.
I just received back at work the other day a Christmas letter we sent out 2 years ago that was the wrong address. It made me wonder where it sat for 2 years?