Vacuum sealer for around $300?

I know, I know. The more expensive sealers tend to hold up better. And if I intended on mostly vacuum sealing, I would opt for a nice chamber sealer. However, I will mainly use the cling wrap and freezer paper method - but I will vacuum seal certain things, like link sausage, stew meat, etc. Having said that, it looks like LEM and Weston have some offerings in the $300 range that I would assume are pretty solid. Any thoughts on best vacuum sealers around the $300 price point?

My wife got me a foodsaver and we're pretty happ with it. I'm not sure what the model number is, but its the one with the custom bag maker and roll sorage underneath. We've used it for parts of 3 deer kinda like your game plan is.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider

fmyth

WKR
I am still waiting for my el cheapo vac sealer from Costco to die. I've had it for 6 years now and have vac sealed close to 300 lbs of halibut and 4 elk. What does a $300 vac sealer doe that a $100 one can't?

OP
S
I am still waiting for my el cheapo vac sealer from Costco to die. I've had it for 6 years now and have vac sealed close to 300 lbs of halibut and 4 elk. What does a $300 vac sealer doe that a $100 one can't?
Totally valid question. Since I fully intend to do 80% or more of my processing with cling wrap and freezer paper, I’m definitely leaning more toward the $100 range now.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Internal fans so you can vacuum seal until you're blue in the face without having to stop to let it cool.

Huntnnw

WKR
I have the cabela's commercial sealer. It's a huge step up from the food saver I was using before. I vacuum seal everything but burger. I'd recommend it to anyone but a professional processor.

complete junk and tell everyone to not buy it. My buddy has gone thru 2 and I am on my 3rd! they overheat after about 15 sealings then it has to cool. pain in the ass and now the 3rd one is barely taking the air out and I am about to return in to cabelas.

Buy a chamber sealer.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
complete junk and tell everyone to not buy it. My buddy has gone thru 2 and I am on my 3rd! they overheat after about 15 sealings then it has to cool. pain in the ass and now the 3rd one is barely taking the air out and I am about to return in to cabelas.

Buy a chamber sealer.
I have a buddy that uses his hard like I do and never had a problem 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

JCohHTX

FNG
Weston pro 1100 has done great for me. Far superior to the Geryon I had, in that it accepts all kinds of bags, more vacuum, better seal, faster, doesn't overheat.

Slugz

WKR
Weston Pro 1100 340$ or Pro 3000 540$

Many years of hard use out of both of these. Hard use. Like 15 to 30 salmon a day for clients for mutliple years.
Weston has great customer service.

Buy a chamber sealer.
I like my Cabela's commercial sealer. Stronger than my old $100 Food Saver entry level. It does get hot eventually and then you have to let it cool. I pre-make bags before the season with a roll and can make about 15 bags back to back before I have to pause. It still works for me though. I processed two elk and several deer last year so I don't use it all the time, but more than just once per year. It has a lifetime warranty, but maybe that is over now with the BP merger. The clothing line warranty is certainly over.
As with anything, you get what you pay for.

I have the cabela's commercial sealer. It's a huge step up from the food saver I was using before. I vacuum seal everything but burger. I'd recommend it to anyone but a professional processor.

Same one I am using. Only used it last season and probably made 100-130 seals. So far I really like it. Doesn’t heat up and makes two seals at a time which helps me since I always double sealed.

I ordered a LEM 500 on Friday. My grinder, and two stuffers are LEMs and I have had good luck with them. Hoping to have the same good experience with their vac sealer.
I been using a descent Foodsaver model for about five years but it's gonna crap out sooner than later. I don't care to be in the middle of processing when it does. I had bought Cabelas model way back in 2000 or so. It looked just like a weston. It lasted about 5 years with minimal use but I think I got liquid in it and it caused the failure. I really didnt know what I was doing back then And could tear up an anvil.