Vasque Breeze

grfox92

WKR
My local Sierra has had vast breeze GTX in stock for the last few months for $99.

I tried them on in the store and they felt good a little less support in the footbed of the Solomon quest like I'm used to But otherwise the fit reminds me very much of that boot.

I'm wearing them as is out of the box today to work but will replace the insoles with superfeet green or sheep feet within the next couple days.

This will be my go-to boot for this year unless they catastrophically fail I'm curious as to other people's experience with them waterproofing how long the waterproofing lasts and their durability.

I'll keep posting updates in this thread as to how the boots hold up and how they do with my feet as somebody who loves the Solomon quests.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Can you send me a link in a PM to the store?

They have been my go to boot for ages, I smash my boots, and I can get two years out of them. The water proofing seems good for a year but I don’t wear gaiters, and I get wet all the time so I’m sure that’s not helping. They fit me like a glove and no break in period needed.

bgogden01

FNG
Do you guys feel they are a narrow or wide toe box? I’d love to try but the Quests have seemed a little narrow for me.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Do you guys feel they are a narrow or wide toe box? I’d love to try but the Quests have seemed a little narrow for me.
Toe box would be the same or close to the Quests, which I have found to have a generous toe box, you might need to look into a wide?

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Ok so a full season of mountain and antelope hunting on these boots.

I will say realistically, about 150 -200 miles of hiking.

The first time I took them into steep country they shredded the back of my heels. Big blisters and I ditched them until my antelope hunt.

They only rubbed my heels on steep ground so I brought a back up pair of salomons and wound up wearing the Vasque the entire hunt. 56 miles in 6 days and my feet did great. No hotspots no rubbing, and how light they are was definitely a plus.

Wore them elk hunting in the snow and put some serious miles on them. Never got cold, buy they did soak through and get wet. Mainly on the top of the toe box, the leather would saturate and push right through the GTX membrane. I did not treat the boots with anything as I was testing durability and waterproofing out of the box.

Even with wet socks though, they did perform well and I had no issues with my feet.

Would I buy them again as a primary hunting boot? No. The Salomon Quests have been my go too, and are just so much more of a boot and in the same ball park of pricing. The Vasque breeze treated me well but there is just so much more support on the Solomon's foot bed.

The Solomon's feel like they were designed to wrap and support your foot like a running shoe. The Vasque just feels like someone made a light weight boot that covers your foot, if that makes sense.

Now for $100 at Sierra I would certainly buy another pair for work and casual around town. Hope this might help someone.

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair three years ago when the sole pulled off of my old Danners the day before leaving for a hunt in CO. Breeze GTX was the only decent boot I could find locally on a Saturday morning. They’ve been great so far. Worked well for early season CO, turkey in the spring and whitetails from FL to MA. Gore Tex has held up so far with dry feet in last weeks slog thru the swamp in the rain. Not sure how well they’d work with a heavy pack in the steep mountains, but they’re a really good light/medium duty boot in my experience. Bought a second pair for when these give up on me, $100 is a good value.