Virginia mountain buck.

Shupe88

WKR
Was able to kill this decent mountain buck on NF Thursday. Had the kifaru Stryker loaded down!
a3864433d63da58e7261f5d62b992ccc.jpg

f92e9369483fa15131357081bb83f377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! Ground hunting? Or did you have to make a second trip back to get your stand?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome buck, man!

I’m from flat land with big deer but our annual deer camp is in the national forest mountains. The majestic landscape in combination with low deer density followed by lack of human population makes it my favorite place to hunt whitetails. There is no ag where we hunt, so it’s the ultimate scenario to beat a deer in its own territory. The effort it takes to hunt that terrain while carrying a stand on your back is second to none for me. Love me some mountain whitetail hunting!

KMSbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck. Congratulations. I know how difficult those Virginia mountain bucks can be to find. I also exclusively hunt the central Virginia mountains, and pack them out on my back also. No success yet this year, but still a lot of season left. But you got a good one there. Awesome job.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Great buck. Congratulations. I know how difficult those Virginia mountain bucks can be to find. I also exclusively hunt the central Virginia mountains, and pack them out on my back also. No success yet this year, but still a lot of season left. But you got a good one there. Awesome job.

Appreciate it! It’s still early in the season so you got plenty of time. I have noticed this year that the deer are in groups. Either seeing several or none. Akerns are done gone so they are hitting the fox grapes down here in the south west part of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I spent four years in western part of VA. Lived on an acre that was on a river and was part of flood plain between two mountains. Often had deer in the yard. This was before I got into hunting and To this day I kick myself for not taking advantage of the nature up there.