Vivo forest tracker esc durability

seww

WKR
If you ordered direct they give you 100 days to use them and return.
I ordered from Huckberry, and they have free returns up to 30 days, but didn't carry any 8s.
The 8s are 259mm in lenght and my feet measured 260mm. The 9s are 266mm...

BBob

WKR
I just received my Vivo's, ordered a size 9 as I was just at the maximum length for a size 8, but concerned they're too large. Got plenty of wiggle room in the front of my toes.
Anyone else have the same fit?
Yes, better more room than not enough. I would call my Gobi's somewhat sloppy, the Magna's not so much but certainly not tight with lots of room for toes. I wear both with pretty loose laces.

Last edited:

seww

WKR
Yes, better more room than not enough. I would call my Gobi's somewhat sloppy, the Magna's not as much but certainly not tight with lots of room for toes. I wear both with pretty loose laces.
Got it.
I'm just concerned my feet will swim around and cause blisters... A friend has a size 8, gonna try them on and see how they fit. Either I really suck at measuring or my feet are just a pain.

nobody

WKR
Got it.
I'm just concerned my feet will swim around and cause blisters... A friend has a size 8, gonna try them on and see how they fit. Either I really suck at measuring or my feet are just a pain.
They really do fit different from any other footwear out there, and while I wouldn't necessarily describe the fit as "sloppy" with my Trackers, they're nowhere near the fit of the Crispi's I've always worn. I lace mine snug, not tight, but my toes have plenty of room to flex and move freely. Again, roomy not sloppy.

seww

WKR
They really do fit different from any other footwear out there, and while I wouldn't necessarily describe the fit as "sloppy" with my Trackers, they're nowhere near the fit of the Crispi's I've always worn. I lace mine snug, not tight, but my toes have plenty of room to flex and move freely. Again, roomy not sloppy.
Right. I feel that the rest of the foot sits in there tight and snug. But once I walk a bit more, my toes get pinched a bit due to room in front of my toes.
Other than that, I do like the wide and roomy feel of them, just want to be sure they'll fit me properly and won't cause blisters or other foot pain.
The zero drop is different but feels good. I like that I can feel the ground so well.

BBob

WKR
my toes get pinched a bit due to room in front of my toes.
I'm missing something. Expand on how toes are getting pinched due to room in front of toes. I'm not knocking you just trying to understand so I might have input on your fit.

seww

WKR
I'm missing something. Expand on how toes are getting pinched due to room in front of toes. I'm not knocking you just trying to understand so I might have input on your fit.
All good!
Not sure how to explain it :) I just noticed that if I bent my leg, a crease is formed in the front and kind of pinches my toes. Maybe that will happen with any size too, just that the boots are soft and not used to them.

BBob

WKR
^^^Yeah yeah gotcha! Looking at my Magna's they have two creases at the toes. One fairly deep at the base of the toes and one I'd say in the middle of the toes that's a little less pronounced than the other. I could see where you might feel it but I don't notice. Mby I did but now don't???

seww

WKR
^^^Yeah yeah gotcha! Looking at my Magna's they have two creases at the toes. One fairly deep at the base of the toes and one I'd say in the middle of the toes that's a little less pronounced than the other. I could see where you might feel it but I don't notice. Mby I did but now don't???
Hmm yeah maybe they'll soften up?
Not sure, I'll have to walk around at home a bit more and see.

seww

WKR
They should be or end up to be pretty darn soft.
They are soft, I like it!
Trying them again, my little toes are actually touching the side of the boots. Not sure I could have a smaller size... but also wearing 2 socks. If I push my foot as far forward as I can, I can squeeze a finger behind my heel.

I laced them looser now, feels better actually but still snug.

BBob

WKR
Photo 1 heel lifted showing creasing across toes

Photo 2 heel lifted fingernail showing end of toe. ~1cm space.

Photo 3 foot flat fingernail showing end of toe. ~1.5cm space
IMG_1172.jpegIMG_1173.jpegIMG_1174.jpeg

BBob

WKR
Maybe that's the way then...
Like someone said above the fit for this style of boot is just different. You need to forget about that classic snug laced tight fitting boot and go with the flow of a looser relaxed fit. It’ll be fine or it won’t but I’ll bet you’ll be fine :)

Another thing I’ve observed over many years is that people tend to size too small rather than too large. Climbers are the worst offenders. I think it’s better to have a touch more room than risk too little. Too little is just bad and asking for trouble.

seww

WKR
Like someone said above the fit for this style of boot is just different. You need to forget about that classic snug laced tight fitting boot and go with the flow of a looser relaxed fit. It’ll be fine or it won’t but I’ll bet you’ll be fine :)

Another thing I’ve observed over many years is that people tend to size too small rather than too large. Climbers are the worst offenders. I think it’s better to have a touch more room than risk too little. Too little is just bad and asking for trouble.
Guess you're right... I just spent last year dealing with boots that were too large and got some nasty pain spots and blisters. Don't wanna go through that ordeal again...

Braaap

WKR
These boots are nothing like conventional boots in their fit. When I put on my Scarpa boots they hug my foot nicely with no extra space and fit me perfectly (I don’t actually wear them anymore after getting the vivo’s). When I put on my trackers they’re super loose around my entire foot and they fit me perfectly as well. It’s just different. I lace the trackers pretty loose and have never come close to getting a hot spot or blister and I wear a single medium sock.

Braaap

WKR
I’ll also add my trackers are size 9 and I usually wear a 9.5 in Altra’s and 43.5 in Scarpa’s. The trackers have a good amount of space in the toes. I used the vivo app to figure out my size wit great results.

seww

WKR
I’ll also add my trackers are size 9 and I usually wear a 9.5 in Altra’s and 43.5 in Scarpa’s. The trackers have a good amount of space in the toes. I used the vivo app to figure out my size wit great results.
Thanks for the input!
I'll have to see if I can try a size 8 and see how they feel before making any decisions.

BBob

WKR
IMO Scarpa and Lowa run small as far as metric EU size labeling and I have to upsize that number. What is interesting is the US size (my size is US 11) is generally consistent but the EU sizing between brands varies even though they all for me say US 11. For comparison sake my sizes below.
Vivo 44/11
Lowa 44.5/11
Scarpa 45/11

Last edited:

seww

WKR
IMO Scarpa and Lowa run small as far as metric EU size labeling and I have to upsize that number. What is interesting is the US size (my size is US 11) is generally consistent but the EU sizing between brands varies even though they all for me say US 11. For comparison sake my sizes below.
Vivo 44/11
Lowa 44.5/11
Scarpa 45/11
Yeah I can't believe we cannot even come up with a standard for shoe sizes...

When I did the Vivobarefoot size scanner, the first time it said size 9, and a couple of days later it said size 8. Either I'm just on the cusp between, or I suck. The latter is a very high possibility...