Vortex Fury HD 10x42 Review, By Jared Bloomgren

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
15.jpg

Jared has been out chasing big bucks this fall and testing the Vortex Fury HD rangefinder binoculars for us. Take a look at his latest review to see how these might fit in your optics arsenal.

Vortex Fury HD 10x42 Review

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
Do these still have a green tinge on one side of the optics? For me the fury had one ocular with a green tinge and the nikons had one with a blue tinge that made it hard for me to use them for a long period of time. It was one thing I was the most excited about on the sigs is for my eyes the optics were fairly clear.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do these still have a green tinge on one side of the optics? For me the fury had one ocular with a green tinge and the nikons had one with a blue tinge that made it hard for me to use them for a long period of time. It was one thing I was the most excited about on the sigs is for my eyes the optics were fairly clear.

These still have the green tint to them.

MTbow

FNG
Thanks for the review. How hard was it to use the rangefinder buttons while wearing heavier gloves?
I was just out coyote hunting in heavy gloves. I had to visually locate the button as I can't feel it but had no problem pushing the button.

Rbw1989

FNG
I had these for about a month and couldn’t handle the blue/green tint in 1 eye.... another problem I had was the diopter adjustment was too loose and would come out of adjustment almost every time I pulled them out of my bino harness. I finally just went back to the separate bino and rangefinder. I am curious of how the swaro/ leicas would work out tho. The combination sounds great in theory

I have tried them out and just got used to the lighter and sleeker Leica 2200 and 3000 feel for the 10x's... They seem to work better slipping in and out of my bino pack too. I may be a little partial to Leica, but these are good glass as well.

I seriously considered a pair of these, but in the end went with a sweet deal on a pair of 12x50 Razors and kept my sig kilo 2000. Really wanted to combine gear and I might with the next revision of these, but not this go around vortex.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I seriously considered a pair of these, but in the end went with a sweet deal on a pair of 12x50 Razors and kept my sig kilo 2000. Really wanted to combine gear and I might with the next revision of these, but not this go around vortex.

if you are a bowhunter I think you’ll like having the smaller rangefinder for less noticeable movement.

if you are a bowhunter I think you’ll like having the smaller rangefinder for less noticeable movement.
Yeah between 7x on my rangefinder and 12x on the binos I have both close and far covered. I don't bow hunt(yet), but i figured good glass would always be good and I don't have to worry about electronics inside my binos now. The green tint and loose diopter were also what put me off of the fury's.

Thanks for the Review. Do you still prefer having this all in one unit over say the Razor HD ? I’m worried ill miss the glass quality of the Razors if i make a switch the the Fury HD.