Vortex HS LR or HS

snik

FNG
I'm needing a new scope for my muzzleloader. I'm looking at the Vortex Viper 4-16x44. Do I go with the HS LR or the HS? Or is there another scope you all recommend? Thanks in advance

You'd be hard pressed to find a less mechanically reliable scope.
Nightforce SHV 3-10 will give you more magnification than will be needed at even the most extreme muzzleloader ranges.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

ENCORE

WKR
Nightforce :)

My NXS 5.5-22x50 is on the lighter side for long range ;)
Tough seeing a small dot at 500yds and beyond......

Not sure what kind of muzzleloader you are running and how far you are looking to shoot. BUT- In terms of reliability for that kind of recoil I have had solid luck with two different Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 on 20ga, 12ga and two different .50cal muzzleloaders.

Not just shooting them sparingly for 3 rds before the season but load dev in the muzzys and testing several choices of factory ammo in the slug guns.

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on your distance but since it is a muzzleloader all you would probably need is the HS main difference between the two is the HS-LR has a turet on the top to dial. I personally really like mine for my longer range set up, but if youre not having to dial then the HS will work just fine.

benellim2

FNG
I have the 4 x16x 44 HS LR on my Savage smokeless. Great scope if your dialing for range.