vortex Razor HD 27-60 x 85 Angled Spotting Scope

hey I was hoping I could get some feedback from you all!

I found out about this forum on another hunting site. I've been browsing and signed up. I can tell there's A LOT of good info on here and I'm looking forward to learning more about optics and hunting in general.

Does anyone use the Razor HD 27-60 x 85 Angled Spotting Scope?

I can get a good discount on some of the vortex products and I've been leaning towards this spotting scope. I can get it for 1,300.00 shipped to my door.

Do you have one/have you used one? What are your thoughts on it? I want to be able to see out to 1,000 yards and make out a deer/elk's size.

I can get the Viper HD 20-60x85mm Angled Spotting Scope for 700.00 to my door. So is the extra 600.00 for the razor HD worth it?

I chose the earlier 20-60x85 because it is a bit lighter and has more eye relief. I recently saw them new as cheap as $850. They are good in their price range and I would not mess around with the lower lines from Vortex. However, I just got a Kowa 554 from Doug at Camera Land for not too much more than your budget and it is optically in the same range as the 85 razor or a 65 mm Swaro while weighing only 28 oz.

I found out about this forum on another hunting site. I've been browsing and signed up. I can tell there's A LOT of good info on here and I'm looking forward to learning more about optics and hunting in general.

I can get a good discount on some of the vortex products and I've been leaning towards this spotting scope. I can get it for 1,300.00 shipped to my door.

Do you have one/have you used one? What are your thoughts on it? I want to be able to see out to 1,000 yards and make out a deer/elk's size.

I can get the Viper HD 20-60x85mm Angled Spotting Scope for 700.00 to my door. So is the extra 600.00 for the razor HD worth it?

Look at Kowa, Athlon, or the Meopta used or the Maven. Vortex is lagging in quality these days.

Pnelson

FNG
I’ve used this spotting scope. It works great, the only thing is I wish it was the straight and not the angled. It makes it harder to find the spot you’re looking for unless you’re glassing up hill a lot. But I was glassing down or across the mountain and it was hard to get the right angle to see through it

I have one for sale in the classifieds for $1200 if you're interested?

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/new-vortex-razor-hd-spotter-27-60x85.138442/

260madman

WKR
I had a 15-45 Viper HD. It wasn’t that nice. Sent it back and bought the big Cronus from camera land. Don’t regret the purchase one bit.

260madman

WKR
How do you like the Cronus?
I like it a lot. No regrets. Camera Land has them on a one day sale last week for $849. Excellent deal. Ive has it for about a month. I have a small review of it here. It might be a few pages back.

Matt G.

WKR
I would look in the classifieds. I think i saw gen 1 for 800 or so.... if your budget is 1300 you can get a used alpha scope for near that...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Vortex Optics

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Great question! Honestly, it really comes down to your use. If it was going to be mainly for hunting, I would personally go with a lighter weight option like the Razor HD 11-33x50. Optically, the Razor HD 27-60 x 85 would be a noticeable step up compared to the Viper HD line. If weight isn't a concern and both are in the budget, the Razor HD 27-60x85 would be a great option!