Vortex Razor UHD

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
Biggest change was to same Abbe koenig prisim maven already uses. Seems to me that most companies that have Binos made in Japan are pumping out close to the same product with minor differences material wise .

WRO

WKR
Biggest change was to same Abbe koenig prisim maven already uses. Seems to me that most companies that have Binos made in Japan are pumping out close to the same product with minor differences material wise .

They all come from the same manufacturer I would bet, same shit, different wrapper.

Bowedup

FNG
Wannakillabigbull, can you elaborate a bit on the FOV issues? I was going to buy the razor hd 12x50 last week until I seen they had something new coming so I waited, now I’m not sure what to do. I have not looked through the uhd’s yet.

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
Wannakillabigbull, can you elaborate a bit on the FOV issues? I was going to buy the razor hd 12x50 last week until I seen they had something new coming so I waited, now I’m not sure what to do. I have not looked through the uhd’s yet.

Swaro EL 12x50: 300’ FOV, 35oz
Vortex Razor 12x50: 285’ FOV, 29oz
Vortex Razor UHD: 236’ FOV, 36oz
Meopta 12x50: 279’ FOV, 37oz

236’ is atrocious. You sacrifice so much FOV that it you might as well be carrying 15s. swaro 15x56 has 234’ FOV and weighs 42oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowedup

FNG
Swaro EL 12x50: 300’ FOV, 35oz
Vortex Razor 12x50: 285’ FOV, 29oz
Vortex Razor UHD: 236’ FOV, 36oz
Meopta 12x50: 279’ FOV, 37oz

236’ is atrocious. You sacrifice so much FOV that it you might as well be carrying 15s. swaro 15x56 has 234’ FOV and weighs 42oz.

Ok gotcha thanks, so you have the field of view of the 15x which isn’t good for general purposes but only ythe power of the 12x!
In your guys opinion is this going to be the draw back from these. Is the extra clarity going to make up the diff of 49’ less viewing area and the extra $500?

Ok gotcha thanks, so you have the field of view of the 15x which isn’t good for general purposes but only ythe power of the 12x!
In your guys opinion is this going to be the draw back from these. Is the extra clarity going to make up the diff of 49’ less viewing area and the extra $500?
I think they’ll be like looking through a paper towel tube. I find most animals by detecting movement out on the edges of my field of view rather than actually seeing the animal itself. A constrained field of view is a huge handicap no matter the image quality in my book.

TheCougar

WKR

Tough to say without looking through them and seeing what the street price is, and knowing your intended use and what other equipment you have. That being said, a small FOV like that is a deal breaker for really expensive binos like that. Realize that a larger FOV with a larger sweet spot (clarity closer to the edge), translates to more efficient and effective glassing. If you have a 236 FOV with a 70% sweet spot that’s 22k sq ft of effective glassing area in the FOV at 1000 yards. You get EL 12s, with a 300’ FOV and 90% sweet spot, that’s 57k sq ft of effective glassing coverage at 1000 yards. That’s a HUGE difference.

For the likely price point of around $1700, I would save my money and get meopta 12s or older razor 12s. Or, if you’re not married to 12s, I would get used 15 SLCs on Rokslide, which you can find for $1850 or so. Used ELs 12s are going to cost you over $2000, if you can find them, but like the SLCs, they are worth every penny, they hold their value, and you’ll never regret it.

Last edited:

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I was reading they were saying some of the specs posted on the site have been incorrect. Wonder if this is true

Bowedup

FNG
I was reading they were saying some of the specs posted on the site have been incorrect. Wonder if this is true
When the 10x have a fov of 346’, I Wounder if they don’t have the 12x labeled wrong.