Vortex Razor UHD

The big 3 aren’t using Porro designs, they are using roof prism designs. Ak is a type of roof prism. Swaro uses an Abbe-Koenig roof and so does Zeiss. They also use Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms for their compact models
Thank you for the clarification. So the AK design from Vortex isn't anything new. The OP's screenshot on the bottom of the third page got me confused, which makes sense now because the Vortex rep was also confused.

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
AK will always be bigger and longer. Vortex shouldn't have called this line the Ultra HD Razors cause the form factor is completely different. The glass might be better (slightly?), but you're getting a 10x42 that's 7" long. They should have come up with a different name for the line and spun it differently.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're working on a review/comparison of the Razor UHD 10x42's now. Primarily comparing them to the SLC's and the Razor HD's. Great news for Vortex fans, but i won't be selling my SLC's just yet. We're really excited about getting the 18's in. Should be here in the next couple of weeks. Those are the bino's i expect to be VERY competitive. Stay tuned!

We're working on a review/comparison of the Razor UHD 10x42's now. Primarily comparing them to the SLC's and the Razor HD's. Great news for Vortex fans, but i won't be selling my SLC's just yet. We're really excited about getting the 18's in. Should be here in the next couple of weeks. Those are the bino's i expect to be VERY competitive. Stay tuned!

Found your review, thanks for putting this together.

https://blog.sandsarchery.com/vortex-razor-uhd-10x42-review/

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Refohnek

FNG
I follow a bird forum and some people are just ripping the vortex razor uhd binos with even looking trough them

Tahoe1305

WKR
I would. I had the 12x50 And 18x and beside them being a bit larger than others I regret getting rid of them before I could compare to meostars and ELs. Lot of vortex nay sayers, but I was impressed with UHD. Wouldn’t by 10x though....specs don’t seem as impressive.

fatlander

WKR
I’ve got a pair of UHDs coming to me courtesy of go hunt’s March give away. I never win anything, I’m so thankful!!!

I can’t wait to look through them. I have never owned anything nicer than diamond backs. For the 150 dollar membership, I think they’re by far the best glass I’ll ever get at that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ve got a pair of UHDs coming to me courtesy of go hunt’s March give away. I never win anything, I’m so thankful!!!

I can’t wait to look through them. I have never owned anything nicer than diamond backs. For the 150 dollar membership, I think they’re by far the best glass I’ll ever get at that price

What size did you get?

fatlander

WKR
10’a that’s the size they picked for the giveaway.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Good win, you will love them, especially for the $150!. If you don't you should be able to snag out $1200 or so for them on here.

fatlander

WKR
Good win, you will love them, especially for the $150!. If you don't you should be able to snag out $1200 or so for them on here.

Coming from entry level binos I’m sure I’ll be wowed.

BjornF16

WKR

You bet. We found the similar results with the UHD 18's. Better res/clarity in the middle, but not as good edge to edge as the Swaro 15's. If i had to choose between the UHD 18 or Swaro 15, the UHD's would win. The extra 3x really makes a difference.

Rob, any chance we'll see a write-up on your UHD 18's?

I would also be interested in comparison of UHD 12s with other contenders.

I'm struggling with what to carry when chasing NM/CO elk...spotter or 2 x binoculars.

I've currently got the 10x42 SLC and 8.5x42 ELs...

Björn