Vortex viper vs Meopta optika 5

I’ve been thinking really hard about getting a Meopta optika 5 for my new tikka rifle after all the comments on my other thread but then I found a vortex viper for 300 dollars so what would you guys do bc I have been back and forth so many times I’m just gonna ask you guys. Thanks

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
Never used a Meopta, but I have total confidence in Vortex Vipers. I have owned about 10 of them. Still have a couple. The glass is very clear, and if you’re a longe range guy and dial your scope for yardages they have always returned to zero fine and have served me well.

They also have a very good customer service dept in case you should damage it, lose a scope knob cap, or anything like that. They also have a lifetime warranty.

Not trying to talk you out of the Meopta cause I dont know much about it, but want to give you full confidence should you decide on the Viper... best of luck.

OP
T
Thank you my thing is I’ve heard bad things about vortex and I’ve heard great things about vortex but this scope retails for 700 dollars where the Meopta only goes for 320 brand new.

I watching this one closely also. I asked a similar question the other day about the optic 5. I'm considering it also to put on a rifle.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
All the positive reviews of Vortex include praise for their warranty...because you're going to be using it.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

this has been my stance for years. When the first thing you hear is “the warranty is amazing, no questions ask!” I think why the hell is everyone always talking about the great warranty! Why not buy quality that doesn’t break so.

CoStick

WKR
I think people put too much stock into what they read on the internet. They wouldn’t be in business if a large quantity of their products had to be constantly replaced. I just went from a NF to a vortex LHT for my elk rifle.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I agree they offer some nice stuff, but at the same time they offer the cheapest of cheap/walmart crap. Other big companies won’t put their name on stuff that cheap… also other companies make a lot of their own products where 95% of vortex is just Chinese stuff with their name on it.. they are the Nike of the optics world, advertising everywhere and changing products yearly.

Last edited:

CoStick

WKR
I agree they offer some nice stuff, but at the same time they offer the cheapest of cheap/walmart crap. Other big companies won’t put their name on stuff that cheap… also other compromises make a lot of their own products where 95% of vortex is just Chinese stuff with their name on it.. they are the Nike of the optics world, advertising everywhere and changing products yearly.
No doubt they offer options to fit everyone’s budget.

Wrench

WKR
Do a web search for meopta scope failure.....then vortex scope failure.

Plenty of light reading on the latter.

Meopta built the conquest line for zeiss.....failures are RARE in that line too.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
No doubt they offer options to fit everyone’s budget.
Yep, and with that cheap stuff wearing the same label as the high end, comes failures, which takes you back to how this all started….. Everyone raves about their warranty cause they do break….. a lot… no one ever said this model breaks and this one doesn’t, and if you know where the line is in their brand from trustworthy to crap, good on you.

I had a summit tripod and the head fell apart, I didn’t even have to return anything, they just took my word and shipped out a new part, it was like calling Amazon! When you call it’s the second option they give you after tech support! Tells you how cheap some stuff is/great the profit margin is.
There’s a reason other brands hold their value so much… Non ZS\HS NF scopes still go for over a grand, I sold an original pair of Swaro EL’s for exactly what they were bought new for in 2005!
Not bashing your new scope choice, hope it works great for many years for you, and it looks like we will have to agree to disagree on optic choices.
I wound take the meopta, which has their own plant, makes their own lenses, coatings ETC.

I think people put too much stock into what they read on the internet. They wouldn’t be in business if a large quantity of their products had to be constantly replaced. I just went from a NF to a vortex LHT for my elk rifle.

They are literally batting 1,000 for me. Every scope I’ve ever owned from them has been returned for repairs or poor performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CoStick

WKR
Do a web search for meopta scope failure.....then vortex scope failure.

Plenty of light reading on the latter.

Meopta built the conquest line for zeiss.....failures are RARE in that line too.
That highlights the issue, people “ educate” themselves via search engines.

CoStick

WKR
Yep, and with that cheap stuff wearing the same label as the high end, comes failures, which takes you back to how this all started….. Everyone raves about their warranty cause they do break….. a lot… no one ever said this model breaks and this one doesn’t, and if you know where the line is in their brand from trustworthy to crap, good on you.

I had a summit tripod and the head fell apart, I didn’t even have to return anything, they just took my word and shipped out a new part, it was like calling Amazon! When you call it’s the second option they give you after tech support! Tells you how cheap some stuff is/great the profit margin is.
There’s a reason other brands hold their value so much… Non ZS\HS NF scopes still go for over a grand, I sold an original pair of Swaro EL’s for exactly what they were bought new for in 2005!
Not bashing your new scope choice, hope it works great for many years for you, and it looks like we will have to agree to disagree on optic choices.
I wound take the meopta, which has their own plant, makes their own lenses, coatings ETC.
Yes, I have NF, ZEISS, Swarovski and the LHT. Previously some Leuphold. Only scope that ever failed was a bushnell on a slug gun. i haven’t suffered the same issues you can google about,

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
That highlights the issue, people “ educate” themselves via search engines.
That’s what most everyone in the world does for everything…..it’s called researching your purchase.
Case in point, you used a search engine to bring you here…. You are currently reading what I’m writing on a hunting “forum” about optics… in a section where people are asking for opinions on optics….
That’s kind of the point of Rokslide, to “educate” people on our experiences.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😉😉😉😉

CoStick

WKR
That’s what most everyone in the world does for everything…..it’s called researching your purchase.
Case in point, You are currently reading what I’m writing on a hunting forum… about optics… in a section where people are asking for opinions…. That’s kind of the point of Rokslide, to “educate” people on our experiences.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😉😉😉😉
Rokslide is for entertainment and I appreciate you providing it.