Wall tents

What’s everyone using for wall tents these days. Looking for something for 4 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
Also using a Davis 14x16 . High quality for sure. Fits 4 but bigger would be nice if there is always 4 people. Or a second smaller cook tent. They have a sale each winter.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Davis 16x20 with a wood stove is hard to beat in cold weather

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can't beat Davis tent for their quality and top notch customer service. I researched wall tents for almost a year before actually purchasing and I always ended up back at Davis tent. Even if you don't plan on using a tent stove, have a jack installed anyways. My last piece of advice is pick the tent that you think is going to be more than enough room for you, then go up one more size. I have two of their tents now and plan on purchasing a third next year. 20190622_172102.jpg

OP
archer8524
Yeah looking to have a wood stove in it.

CorbLand

WKR
Davis 16x20 with a wood stove is hard to beat in cold weather

That ID looks good under your name....lucky bastard.

If you want a stove its hard to beat a 16X20 or so wall tent. Plenty of good companies out there making them. Davis and Montana Canvas both come to mind quickly.

If you are willing to have a stove jack put in, Kodiak Canvas makes a great "springbar" design that are really inexpensive for what you get.

WKR
Forecast is calling for 12 degrees for me later this month. Throwing in a little extra wood and my cylinder stove to go with my 14x16 Davis. Having to piss a few times at night allows for easy reloading of stove on the way out and back. Should be nice and toasty in the tent.

I have slept 5 in the 14x16 and that size allows me to get to camp early and actually setup tent by myself.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can setup my 16x20 by myself, I just don't get in a rush and take my time. They really aren't that difficult, I just hate how heavy the dang stove is.

I have a 14X17 in the Real-Light material. I really appreciate the ease of set-up compared to a canvas bnb in that size.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a 14X17 in the Real-Light material. I really appreciate the ease of set-up compared to a canvas bnb in that size.
Other than the weight difference, can you tell any difference in performance on that ReLite material?

Other than the weight difference, can you tell any difference in performance on that ReLite material?

It can condense much more easily. But running the stove takes care of it.in the spring, when pig hunting during warm storms I need to open the windows. But overall, I have no issues. Obviously, the Real-Light material does not breath like canvas. But, It is not an issue with the above strategies.

Beendare

WKR
I'm going to purchase a smaller 10x12 wall tent to replace my long in the tooth Davis Herder before next years hunting season.

I've seen sales on these wall tents.....anyone know what time of year is the best to find these sales?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sales are usually in the spring, or late winter. It's their slow season so they run specials to keep their guys busy during the slow times.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
10x12 ozark wall tent

I bought one of these for a trip to Montana later this fall - pry won’t get as many Instagram likes but I think it’s going to serve its purpose. Seems well made for the price.

Have had a Davis 16×20 for over 15 years with stove. Have Davis rain fly for it. Best wall tent you could ask for. Have been in 12 inches of snow for two week at a time to week long thunder storm and 15 below at 12000 feet for weeks at a time.