Warm weather strategies

badgerboy

FNG
I have time off Nov 1-8 and the long range forecast is showing warmer than average temperatures. What's your strategy for a warmer than average day in early November?

For me, I'm planning on focusing on water or food as I will be in ag country.

Feel free to include terrain type or state only if interested.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
B

badgerboy

FNG
What State are you in? Private or public? My best strategy has been to wait for cold weather! Or just sit a bait pile
Wisconsin and mostly public. My dates off this year are somewhat locked into the first week in November. Traditionally, I've had really good luck in the first week but usually temps are cooler.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I also have the unfortunate timing with this warmer weather. The area I’m going to try is quite shaded, right next to a water source, right down from a higher hill they like to sit on. Hoping they make their way down into a cooler area with some water and food sources. Not sure how much it’ll help, but you just do what you can when you get conditions like this.

Hunt early and late in the evening, near known bedding areas, if you can get between water,food and bedding area all the more better. Also stay all day as most hunters will move around noon time. This a good time to sit quietly and let those fellas walk the deer to you. I usually have a lite lunch around this time and might even take a nap.

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
Just gotta hunt. It's November and anything can happen. I'm in the same situation, should have been off this week but adjusted due to weather. (Warm in the UP too) and my Tactacam went off with a shooter walking by at 12:30pm yesterday. It's the right time of year, but its a huge mental game hunting 65-70 degree blue bird days vs overcast and 30.

WCB

WKR
Personally I would hunt close to bedding in the evenings...I am in MN and on Friday when the High Pressure moved through deer were on their feet early...like 4:30pm since then deer moved right at last shooting light and a fraction of the sightings. I am hunting travel corridor between heavy cedar bedding and food. Bedding is only about 200 yards from me. My dad was hunting another 200 yards towards the food and is seeing nothing until last night he sat about even with me to the bedding but on the same trails that ran to his previous stand...started seeing deer again right at last light.

However, If the wind is right and being the time of year it is I would not hesitate to make some all day sits. Depending on where you are in WI Thurs and Fri could be great as wed-thurs you have a 10 degree drop and a front move in and Thurs-Friday here a 20 degree drop. I would assume you will see similar around that same time from depending where you are.