Waterfowl boat recommendations

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
If you're patient there's likely going to be a bunch for sale. I've heard many mortgage writers were recently let go....that's always the cornerstone to cheap toys. Just gotta find the guy who financed one a little deeper than his pocket.
I’m hoping for a good opportunity like that. We’ll see.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I need to get my dad to post my mud boat. It’s been sitting unused for a few years. Chasing elk and deer has consumed all of my free time and there aren’t enough ducks in Colorado to justify bringing it out here. This thread has me motivated to light a fire under his butt! I just know as soon as I sell it’ll I’ll regret it. CEFD014E-F18C-4214-B0E0-6CA8069CA7E8.jpeg

Last edited:

QuackAttack

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know much about jets, but a mud motor with a mud hull will literally drive in soft soupy mud like it’s water. A gator glide coating on the bottom and it will slide over grass and reeds like butter.

Wags

WKR
I don’t know much about jets, but a mud motor with a mud hull will literally drive in soft soupy mud like it’s water. A gator glide coating on the bottom and it will slide over grass and reeds like butter.

I think his area is mostly a shallow rocky bottom. Really hard on props.

I know almost zero about boats. But I've been chasing the same thing and agree w you 100%. They are just not prevalent here. I had considered ordering a SeaArk. But I think the dealer near you went TU. Just nothing around that fills the bill. So that always makes me wonder what I am not understanding.

Seems like nobody else wants to travel miles up and down a shallow, rocky river looking for ducks?

Was a decked out Wooldridge Alaskan tiller in Tri Cities a while ago. $30K. I don't have that on me currently. I do...but I'll buy land before I'll dump that on a toy. Probably the best rig I've seen for the area you're considering

Buzby

WKR
Jet drives = $$$
You’ll need a bigger motor, because you loose about 40% of the efficiency of a prop drive. A 60hp jet is equivalent to a 40hp prop. The jet foot also drives up the cost, like they don’t credit the cost of the prop drive that they didn’t put on. You’ll want a welded hull, it will better take the abuse that a shallow river will dish out. Jet drives are very picky about how they’re setup. Needs to be just the right height and distance from the back of the boat or you will getting even less efficiency. Some hulls are better suited to a jet than others by their design. There’s a good group on Facebook “jet boat fanatics” that will help with a lot of questions.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I know almost zero about boats. But I've been chasing the same thing and agree w you 100%. They are just not prevalent here. I had considered ordering a SeaArk. But I think the dealer near you went TU. Just nothing around that fills the bill. So that always makes me wonder what I am not understanding.

Seems like nobody else wants to travel miles up and down a shallow, rocky river looking for ducks?

Was a decked out Wooldridge Alaskan tiller in Tri Cities a while ago. $30K. I don't have that on me currently. I do...but I'll buy land before I'll dump that on a toy. Probably the best rig I've seen for the area you're considering

I do that for moose and bear hunting. Those wooldridge Alaskans are cool boats but they are heavy. If you really want to run shallow, look for a lighter rig. I went with a sea ark with a jet.

mplane72

FNG
I see more of the G3's then the Crestliners around here but both should be solid hulls. Never heard any major complaints. Lots of boat blinds I do own a Crestliner fish hawk and love that boat.

Don't know much about jets as not many run them around here but I do know you want a boat built for an outboard not a mud motor.