Weapon mounted light for Backcountry Sidearm

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
There are nuances of learning to manipulate and shoot with a weapon mounted light or shooting with a headlamp. I think whatever system you choose, make sure you get some range time and practice coming out of the holster, manipulating the light, and putting accurate rounds on target in an acceptable amount of time.

Personally, I am very familiar with the X300 and like that system for my work guns and my personal. It’s a solid system that I have beat up quite a bit and trust completely. I also have the TLR 7 and definitely like the little button press over the switch on the X300. I just haven’t put the 7 through it’s paces but think it’s a good option as well. I have zero training and haven’t messed with the laser thing. It seems gimmicky to me but if you train with it consistently and would trust your life with it then run it.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
The Surefire X300 is pretty much the easy button for weapon lights. I like the streamlights but they seem a little more fragile than SureFire. I also like a light that protrudes past the muzzle.

omt223

FNG
I have one on pretty much any sidearm that I consistently carry. Streamlight is probably the minimum