Welcome to Alps OutdoorZ (& Promo code!)

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_1635.jpeg

I had not heard of this company (building packs and other gear in the Big Game, Whitetail, and Waterfowl categories) until I got a query in early 2023 from one of our members—Torin Miller—about submitting a review.

He was really happy with the performance AND value of the Alps Elite Pack on a recent sheep hunt.
I said let’s get this published!
(you can read that review here) and before I knew it, Alps had contacted us about coming on as a sponsor.

Just like Torin said in the review, lots of value in that pack and we’re looking forward to hearing about more of the products from Alps OutdoorZ. You can view their sharp banner on our archery forum at www.rokslide.com/forums

As part of their sponsorship, Alps has generously offered up a Promo code for Rokslide members.

Promo code:

ROK20

Good for 20% off & free shipping over $100, (code is good through 2/14/2024.)

Here’s some more info on their packs
here

and some company info here

and here:

ALPS is a family owned and operated business with a 30-year pedigree in designing top-quality backcountry gear. We have consistently kept our focus on quality, performance, customer service, and the needs of the outdoor aficionado.

From modular frame packs like our Elite Pack System, to lightweight tents, sleeping bags, air pads and trekking poles, our team of expert designers have been providing high-end backpacking gear to the backcountry enthusiast since the early 90’s.

We have a ton of pride in our gear. So from design to performance to warranty, we promise to Exceed Your Expectations®.

Please give them a big Rokslide welcome and hit them up with any questions on this thread.

@realunlucky

Last edited:
I used to have a large multi day Alps backpack that I bought probably 15 years ago. It was a solid sturdy pack!

I've been looking at picking up a Commander X just to have an extra meat hauling frame around. May have to use that code and grab one.

For many years, I used an Alps OutdoorZ daypack and used it to pack out my first mule deer (and a few after that). They provide a very good pack for a reasonable price. I should really look into some of their other products. Glad they are joining the rokslide community!

TN2shot07

WKR
I don’t have any experience with their frame stuff. I used one of their day packs (not sure what the original was) for years carrying stuff to tree stands and blinds. The zipper blew out and they sent me the newer version for free. I gifted that to my little brother when I upgraded to an avail but it’s still going strong. Have to appreciate when a company stands behind their products.

Joe Schroeder

ALPS OutdoorZ
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the warm welcome Everyone! We love hearing from you guys and we are very excited to be here. This is an awesome way to connect, so thanks to Rokslide for the opportunity. We've had some cool evenings this week in Missouri, and the itch is officially back for us here at ALPS. Fall can't get here soon enough!

How was the company 30th anniversary sale?
I didn't make it but my wallet breathed a sigh of relief. Always leave with more than expected.

BH2010

FNG
How was the company 30th anniversary sale?
I didn't make it but my wallet breathed a sigh of relief. Always leave with more than expected.
I went and it was fantastic as always. They keep adding more categories that surprise me. Went for the new bino harness, but left with lots more.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went and it was fantastic as always. They keep adding more categories that surprise me. Went for the new bino harness, but left with lots more.

Didn’t see a new bino harness on their website, got a link? I had one from them years ago, thought it was good but a few changes could have made it great.

BH2010

FNG
Didn’t see a new bino harness on their website, got a link? I had one from them years ago, thought it was good but a few changes could have made it great.

I'm not sure if it's totally rolled out on the website or not, but I guess you can try. I think it's much improved over the older styles, and the handwarmer attachment would be nice for tree stand bowhunting.

Joe Schroeder

ALPS OutdoorZ
Rokslide Sponsor

I'm not sure if it's totally rolled out on the website or not, but I guess you can try. I think it's much improved over the older styles, and the handwarmer attachment would be nice for tree stand bowhunting.

Thanks for sharing the link, and we're glad you guys were able to load up at the warehouse sale!

The Shield is in stock, it's the newest addition to our Deadquiet line with more to come. We wanted better protection as optics get pricier, so it's structured and padded on all sides, slightly oversized depth to fit rangefinding binos, and of course has our lifetime warranty. Any questions at all don't be afraid to ask.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Joe Schroeder when I had the bino harness X I found the harness to have too much elasticity, is the harness on the Shield any different?

Joe Schroeder

ALPS OutdoorZ
Rokslide Sponsor
@Joe Schroeder when I had the bino harness X I found the harness to have too much elasticity, is the harness on the Shield any different?
We went away from the elastic on the sides for this design, if that is what you're referring to. The new one is structured all-around including on the sides. Here's a video for reference.

Alps Dash Chair (2 lbs. 10 oz.) and Ready Lite Cot (5 lbs.) are nice accessories for hunters who fly to/from hunts. The added comfort outweighs the extra cargo weight.

5cott

FNG
We went away from the elastic on the sides for this design, if that is what you're referring to. The new one is structured all-around including on the sides. Here's a video for reference.
Thanks, I'll be checking this out.