Welcome to Colorado Leftover Watch

Well Darn.

I am checking out the DIY option, and it looks like they don’t notify you for specific tag codes. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like they notify you when ANY deer, elk, bear etc goes on the list. You can exclude a species but I see no option for being notified for a specific tag.

That really isnt that much help. I want a specific tag and don’t want to be texted all day long on tags I have no interest in. You can get it emails instead of texts but they you have to be constantly checking email. Might was well just check reissue site.

Well Darn.

I am checking out the DIY option, and it looks like they don’t notify you for specific tag codes. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like they notify you when ANY deer, elk, bear etc goes on the list. You can exclude a species but I see no option for being notified for a specific tag.

That really isnt that much help. I want a specific tag and don’t want to be texted all day long on tags I have no interest in. You can get it emails instead of texts but they you have to be constantly checking email. Might was well just check reissue site.

That's what I'm seeing too. It would be nice even if they narrowed it down to just archery notifications per species.

I was wrong:

I emailed the guy who does the DIY leftover watch. You CAN set it up for individual tags. There is a "global section" to your account, in which you can have it notify you for whatever species you want above "X" number of points for any tag that pops up.

Then you can also make specific tag requests, like any buck rifle tag in unit XYZ

I was wrong:

I emailed the guy who does the DIY leftover watch. You CAN set it up for individual tags. There is a "global section" to your account, in which you can have it notify you for whatever species you want above "X" number of points for any tag that pops up.

Then you can also make specific tag requests, like any buck rifle tag in unit XYZ
What is this diy leftover watch you speak of?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

This app appears to no longer be supported. I clicked the subscribe button and nothing happens.

links to the leftover watch website bring up a page that says the domain is for sale.

I reached out for help through the app’s Facebook page and haven’t received a reply. Does anyone have better contact info for the developer? If you’re paying $10 / year you may want to cancel before being charged this season. I don’t expect the app will be working.

OK I think im going to take my chances on the leftover day, although i was sucessful in the 2nd draw, there are tags on the leftover Id rather have.

So do I have to turn my tag in first? Whats this process like?

They also mention that I can exchange tags? Can I try for one of the leftover list and if successful exchange them?
Exchanges
  • ALL license exchanges will be charged 50% of the cost of the original license, not to exceed $25.
  • There are no refunds or preference point restorations available on exchanged licenses.
  • Exchanges can be completed at a CPW office or park up until the day before the season starts on the original license. Once a season starts, an exchange is no longer available.
  • The exchange fee applies if a hunter is changing a license between float groups.
  • Licenses may only be exchanged for a hunt code for the same species as the current license.
  • Hunters can exchange from an OTC license to a limited license of the same species and vice versa, given there is quota available and is before the season start of their current license.
  • Exchanges cannot be completed until leftover licenses and OTC licenses go on sale. Leftover licenses go on sale August 4th, 2020 at 9am and OTC license sales start August 6th, 2020 at 9am.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You can exchange them, but you have to do that at a DOW office and doing that on Tuesday would be torture unless it's later in the day.......and the tag you want to exchange for is still there. Otherwise you just go to the DOW office and turn your current tag in, or mail it to Denver. There's a form you can download from the website. But it would be highly doubtful that your current tag would clear from your account to try and get one on Tuesday.

You can exchange them, but you have to do that at a DOW office and doing that on Tuesday would be torture unless it's later in the day.......and the tag you want to exchange for is still there. Otherwise you just go to the DOW office and turn your current tag in, or mail it to Denver. There's a form you can download from the website. But it would be highly doubtful that your current tag would clear from your account to try and get one on Tuesday.

do you think if I go in person tomorrow, that it will clear by tuesday am?

And If it doesnt than I can not try for another List A tag on Tuesday?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
do you think if I go in person tomorrow, that it will clear by tuesday am?

And If it doesnt than I can not try for another List A tag on Tuesday?

The only way to know would be to go to one of their offices tomorrow and ask them if it can be cleared by Tuesday. I turned a tag in on July 24th at the office and it didn't clear my account until Friday the 31st. It has to clear your account, otherwise the system still shows you have a tag and won't allow you to get another A tag.

The only way to know would be to go to one of their offices tomorrow and ask them if it can be cleared by Tuesday. I turned a tag in on July 24th at the office and it didn't clear my account until Friday the 31st. It has to clear your account, otherwise the system still shows you have a tag and won't allow you to get another A tag.
Darn, they don't give you much time to return a tag and chance it on the leftovers, the list just came out a few days ago...

rob86jeep

WKR
It would be a dumb idea if you want to guarantee you hunt anyways. Any good, returned tag on the leftover list will be a gamble to who receives it. Stick with the tag you have and go hunt.

this dude defunct now?
I think so. I'm working on something with a friend of mine, it may not be as nice or streamlined but hopefully it's functional. What are guys willing to pay for a service that continually scans the leftover list and notifies you when a specific tag that you have chosen has been added?

Ten Bears

WKR
I think so. I'm working on something with a friend of mine, it may not be as nice or streamlined but hopefully it's functional. What are guys willing to pay for a service that continually scans the leftover list and notifies
you when a specific tag that you have chosen has been added?

I feel like $20 bucks for a straight forward app that only serves that purpose is reasonable.

Kinda like what top rut offers for a $20 fee.

Definitely a market out there.

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be careful with any service that tries to monetizes scraping the leftover list. I wouldn't be surprised if getting flack from CPW from hammering their server every couple seconds or whatever is why the Leftover Watch app isn't active anymore.

I'd be careful with any service that tries to monetizes scraping the leftover list. I wouldn't be surprised if getting flack from CPW from hammering their server every couple seconds or whatever is why the Leftover Watch app isn't active anymore.
Yeah I may just keep it to me and some buddies this year to see how it works.