Welcome to Hawkins Precision--precision rifle accessories

Lawnboi

WKR
@HawkinsPrecision
Hey got a question/problem.

Last year on my match rifle I ran your tank st brake. Got a new barrel this year, and I can’t get the brake on. Same threads, won’t go. Gave it a thorough carbon clean, threads are clean and it won’t go on. I put enough force to start to mess up threads and stopped. Figured I’d reach out. Is it possible the threads stretched or something? Was hoping to run the brake for matches this year but don’t want to chance messing up the threads on either of my barrel forcing it on.

Fwiw my 5/8 thread protector and 5/8 threaded can go on just fine. Same on my carbon barreled hunting rifle, no go on the brake, but everything else works just fine.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@HawkinsPrecision
Hey got a question/problem.

Last year on my match rifle I ran your tank st brake. Got a new barrel this year, and I can’t get the brake on. Same threads, won’t go. Gave it a thorough carbon clean, threads are clean and it won’t go on. I put enough force to start to mess up threads and stopped. Figured I’d reach out. Is it possible the threads stretched or something? Was hoping to run the brake for matches this year but don’t want to chance messing up the threads on either of my barrel forcing it on.

Fwiw my 5/8 thread protector and 5/8 threaded can go on just fine. Same on my carbon barreled hunting rifle, no go on the brake, but everything else works just fine.

Thanks for reaching out. It would be hard to believe the threads had stretched since they are made from 17-4 steel. However, if you could reach out to us via email at [email protected] we can help sort that out.

Lawnboi

WKR
Thanks Hawkins for getting me back up and running so quick. A+ customer service. Brake looks good on an MTU contour. Getting ready for first match of the year coming up.
1C94704B-FF56-46FC-9C05-25E2936B8507.jpeg

Last edited:
Just wanted to double check. Need to order bottom metal for my 300 win mag to fit in my AG composites stock . I need the regular long action not the CIP correct?

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Just wanted to double check. Need to order bottom metal for my 300 win mag to fit in my AG composites stock . I need the regular long action not the CIP correct?

The two best options would be the standard LA M5 DBM, or the CIP+. The differences are the LA 300 WM DBM uses AICS 0479 magazines, and the CIP+ uses 3.850" Accurate or MDT magazines. The CIP+ Accurate mags do have a 300WM option if you want to run added COAL. Depends on your reamer spec. SAAMI spec 300 WM chambers will be fine with a standard LA DBM.

Let us know if you need anything else!

The two best options would be the standard LA M5 DBM, or the CIP+. The differences are the LA 300 WM DBM uses AICS 0479 magazines, and the CIP+ uses 3.850" Accurate or MDT magazines. The CIP+ Accurate mags do have a 300WM option if you want to run added COAL. Depends on your reamer spec. SAAMI spec 300 WM chambers will be fine with a standard LA DBM.

Let us know if you need anything else!
The gun is being chambered with a reamer designed for 190-210 Berger, ELDX, etc .

Do you know by any chance if both the standard LA and the CIP fit into the AG composites stock with the Hawkins DBM option . Given the design around the longer bullets as above the extra COAL would be nice if it fits in the stock I already paid for. Hopefully it will as on AGs order page they only listed Hawkins DBM as a choice and did not list a CIP option. Given that the 700 LA, magnum abs ultra mags should all be the same length and AG doesn’t offer a “magnum inlet” I would think both DBM choices would work?

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The gun is being chambered with a reamer designed for 190-210 Berger, ELDX, etc .

Do you know by any chance if both the standard LA and the CIP fit into the AG composites stock with the Hawkins DBM option . Given the design around the longer bullets as above the extra COAL would be nice if it fits in the stock I already paid for. Hopefully it will as on AGs order page they only listed Hawkins DBM as a choice and did not list a CIP option. Given that the 700 LA, magnum abs ultra mags should all be the same length and AG doesn’t offer a “magnum inlet” I would think both DBM choices would work?

All of our LA DBM (M5 DBM, Hunter DBM & M5 Oberndorf) all share the same LA M5 inlet. No need to specify magnum, they'll all fit.