Welcome to Hawkins Precision--precision rifle accessories

ChrisAU

WKR
For anyone wondering about the weight of the new 35mm lows, here ya go. They are works of art. Now if I ever get my Mark 5HD is another story, but I do have rings waiting ha.

7F89E9ED-EA5E-481B-A980-ACC5530D2278.jpeg

excaliber

WKR
I really like the LR Hybrid rings. Be aware that the LR Hybrid rings will not work to mount a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 or 6-24x50 mm scope on a Rem 700 LA.
I really wished they would have worked but the Zeiss scope has a really short tube. They work perfectly on a shorter action with the same scopes.

Chad E

WKR
I really like the LR Hybrid rings. Be aware that the LR Hybrid rings will not work to mount a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 or 6-24x50 mm scope on a Rem 700 LA.
I really wished they would have worked but the Zeiss scope has a really short tube. They work perfectly on a shorter action with the same scopes.

Ya I second this. Found out the hard way. Now I need to find another ring option.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
For the really short scopes we run a pic rail and Long Range Hybrids. Normally only adds a few ounces to the total rifle system depending on the rail. If that works for your application.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend the most high speed, low drag, ultralight, precision made, over-priced, gifted from the heavens magazine spring and follower to go with your M5 Oberndorf bottom metal and an MBE-2 Wyatt's box

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I was wondering if you guys could recommend the most high speed, low drag, ultralight, precision made, over-priced, gifted from the heavens magazine spring and follower to go with your M5 Oberndorf bottom metal and an MBE-2 Wyatt's box

We do make our own followers but not not springs, but the MBE-2 does come in a kit. https://wyattsoutdoor.com/product/mbe-2-kit/ That's a good option too.

If you'd like a Hawkins follower shoot me a message and we can get you set up. That's not something that's on the website.

There stuff is top notch and customer service is even better. Nick has been going above and beyond helping me work through a few things on some rings! I see alot more business with them in the future!

wildcat33

WKR
@HawkinsPrecision I was at my smith's shop (down your way) a while back and he showed me a long action Hawkins BDL bottom metal that bumped out a bit to allow for one more round. Haven't seen these available commercially. Are these available for purchase? Short action?

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
What solution do you guys recommend for cleaning your tank st brake? Have over 600 rounds on it and it needs some cleaning
We use hydrogen peroxide and vinegar to get things going. I've seen you can use Lemishine as well and it won't damage the finish. CLR will damage the finish.

Then you can slowly work it out with a small file with the flat ports.

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@HawkinsPrecision I was at my smith's shop (down your way) a while back and he showed me a long action Hawkins BDL bottom metal that bumped out a bit to allow for one more round. Haven't seen these available commercially. Are these available for purchase? Short action?

That's the M5 Oberndorf. It's set up for Wyatt extended boxes and is an M5 inlet. These provide more COAL and give you lots of stock options since it's an M5 inlet.

OTM Tactical has them in stock.