Well, guess I need a crossbow….

LostArra

WKR
Cam ? Whats a cam ? Excalibur Crossbows ! .........
My buddy kills lots of elk with his Excalibur. He can easily change strings in the field.

I took it to the deer woods for a doe hunt last year just to give it a try and complete my archery deer slam (osage selfbow I made, longbow, recurve, compound and crossbow). I did not like it in the treestand but a ground blind would be nice. Hiking around with it was miserable. I did kill a doe. Never found the bolt. I'm lucky I didn't kill three does with the pass thru.

BCD

WKR
I would definitely get a 2nd opinion as the shoulder sounds fixable to me. I have had multiple surgeries on mine.

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
Going through the same thing… did a lot of research on the subject. For me reliability was paramount, this narrows down the/ choices to the mission and the Excalibur, both are also field serviceable. Mission has lifetime warranty.

Don't know if you're still thinking about a crossbow but MidwayUSA started a sale today on the Wicked Ridge RDX 400. $200 off the regular price and comes with a scope. That's a heck of a deal if you're still leaning towards a crossbow.
They also have the wrath 430 for sale. Which is better?

What is the big difference between the Rdx 400 and the invader 400?

Marble

WKR
Well boys, I’ve torn my labrum, tweaked my rotator cuff, and developed a big old bone spur in my shoulder joint. I’ve gotta buy a crossbow. My favorite, handy-dandy, orthopedic surgeon said there’s nothing he could do to fix me up. Looking at a ravin r10 that an acquaintance has for sale. Wants a grand. It’s been shot 10 times. Should I buy that, a new ravin, or a mission?

I know zero about these contraptions -well, we have a cheapie that my daughters hunt with, but guess I need guidance on nicer rigs.

I would get a second opinion. I tore my labrum in half, stretched and partially tore my rotator cuff and some muscles. I was fixed up just fine.

I found someone who only does shoulders. Wasn't a problem for him. Was shooting my bow less than 6 months after surgery.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Well boys, I’ve torn my labrum, tweaked my rotator cuff, and developed a big old bone spur in my shoulder joint. I’ve gotta buy a crossbow. My favorite, handy-dandy, orthopedic surgeon said there’s nothing he could do to fix me up. Looking at a ravin r10 that an acquaintance has for sale. Wants a grand. It’s been shot 10 times. Should I buy that, a new ravin, or a mission?

I know zero about these contraptions -well, we have a cheapie that my daughters hunt with, but guess I need guidance on nicer rigs.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder injuries. It's wise to consider a crossbow as an alternative. As for the options you mentioned, the Ravin R10 seems like a good choice, especially since it's in good condition and has been shot only 10 times.

However, it's important to evaluate all your options before making a decision. Researching and comparing different models like the new Ravin or Mission crossbows would be beneficial.

Consider factors such as performance, features, and price to find the best fit for your needs. Additionally, reaching out to experts or visiting a reputable archery store can provide valuable guidance in selecting a crossbow that suits you.

WKR
Sorry to hear about your shoulder injuries. It's wise to consider a crossbow as an alternative. As for the options you mentioned, the Ravin R10 seems like a good choice, especially since it's in good condition and has been shot only 10 times.

However, it's important to evaluate all your options before making a decision. Researching and comparing different models like the new Ravin or Mission crossbows would be beneficial.

Consider factors such as performance, features, and price to find the best fit for your needs. Additionally, reaching out to experts or visiting a reputable archery store can provide valuable guidance in selecting a crossbow that suits you.
Thanks Chat GPT.

*zap*

WKR
I have had an excal exomax for about 15 years. made a sling for it so I can carry it like a suitcase with the limbs vertical. pretty bulletproof xbow.

Yoder

WKR
I just bought a Barnett TS 380 for my wife. I had to mess with the timing and switch to 125gr heads for it to shoot straight. After that it's been good. It's small, light and has an adjustable stock like an AR. Trigger is decent. I won't switch to a crossbow unless I absolutely have to. It just reminds me of rifle hunting. I like hunting with a rifle, but it's nothing like killing something with a bow.

hiker270

WKR
Ravin R10 has been around a while now and has been one of Ravin's best sellers and very reliable. The fact that you can uncock it without shooting it is a nice feature.

Anyone know if there are xbow companies out there that aren't leeches lobbying politicians to meddle with the game laws for their financial gain? Ravin can lick my balls, they'll never see a dime from me but it would be nice to know if there is a company out there not participating in that junk that a guy could direct friends/fam who might want a xbow.