well, guess these things are real

Update.

I coincidentally have a tag in the area where the OP had the alleged sighting. I had to pass by his coordinates to get where I was going on a scouting mission this morning, so I conducted an "investigation." My 8 year old son overheard me telling my wife about this thread and it's relation to where I was going. This scouting mission very quickly became a Bigfoot discovery mission for my son.

First picture is the bend in the river where OP gave coordinates. The patch of trees on the right is where the Skunk Ape must have "disappeared into the willows". There are no willows in this riverbottom for the record.

Next picture is my son, checking the riverbank for Squatch prints. As hard as we looked, we were unable to locate any.

The river is very deep in this area with several gravel bars breaking it up. Some spots appearing to be 4+ feet deep.

The next few pictures are just different angles from the immediate area of the sighting.

The results of my investigation are "inconclusive" no tracks, no scat, no hair. My son however wants to go back next weekend and look for Bigfoot in the same area. He is rather convinced, despite my best efforts, that Bigfoot is very real and we are going to cash in on his discovery.
c659de53d33a6bb081dd0f2ab2ed71dd.jpg
1ccaea8e891e587a7c0b327e6fed4c05.jpg
f3bf1583ec5c2ae3eebe6db0fa4e073e.jpg
0c2ac9bf15fca4f20c691622f514d446.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Trail cam with some Jack Links jerky scattered around brings them in every time. Some squach female in heat P is a dead draw, but don't ask how to collect it that's a risky operation and not for the faint of heart.

TheGDog

WKR
Welp.. Bigfoots don't exist.... But I will say this... You do end up seeing a lot of individuals that kinda fit that description when you grow up livin' in the 'hood though.

Meaning that you do end up having your gaze fall upon individuals where you'd swear they were the modern day descendants of some of the first early hominids.

But.. I HAVE TO BELIEVE those early hominids were smarter though.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Welp.. Bigfoots don't exist.... But I will say this... You do end up seeing a lot of individuals that kinda fit that description when you grow up livin' in the 'hood though.

Meaning that you do end up having your gaze fall upon individuals where you'd swear they were the modern day descendants of some of the first early hominids.

But.. I HAVE TO BELIEVE those early hominids were smarter though.
AHHHH, yup

OP
P

Paul Ness

FNG
Wish I never would of posted this. I can say that a day after this encounter, rumor has it that the FS closed off that part of the river and there were quite a few agents on the ground in the vicinity. Wouldn't know for sure, I wasn't there.

This was no bipedal bear, most bears aren't 8 ft tall and walk 'that' upright for long. Thing had long swinging arms and an ape like face, pronounced muscling.

Ok, the 4th (last photo) from grFox92 shows the exact location of siting. the creature crossed the river just where the smallish trees start on the left side of river. I'm not real outdoorsy and guess I can't quite tell the difference between an willow tree vs. scrub brush. It's fairly deep there but the 8 ft tall creature had no problem and water didn't even come up to his crotch.

I think it's neat that grfox92 has an 8 yr old son interested in this siting but please, grfox, please be careful up there! i'm waaaay past 8 yr old and still shaken

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I had an alien ( not of this world type) over for the weekend. Not one person believes me. I took pictures, but they did not come out. It was like he wasn't really there. ???????????????????

Maverick1

WKR
Wish I never would have posted this. I can say that a day after this encounter, rumor has it that the FS closed off that part of the river and there were quite a few agents on the ground in the vicinity. Wouldn't know for sure, I wasn't there.
By “quite a few agents on the ground” - do you mean there were quite a few humans on the ground injured or killed by the beast?

bpa556

FNG
hiked about 2 miles upstream of Pahaska Teepee lodge just outside Yellowstone Park. trying my hand at fly fishing, saw a small black bear and then afterwards, right in front of us, an 8' tall very muscular sasquatch/bigfoot crossed the river right below us. No more then 100' away and just stared at us and disappeared into the willows.

never ever before did I believe in the myth of these creatures but no doubt we encountered. one. too scared spit-less to even reach for a camera and never had one on us anyway. when it disappeared we pretty much ran back down to the lodge. still recovering from this one and no, didn't bother to report sighting to any law enforcement. wouldn't believe us, anyway

They’re still not real…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
There have been several project with funding of various amounts around the world which will pay for absolute proof of aliens, big foot or ghost. the money has never been paid out. The list of counties or organization which have offered a reward for proof is very long. Once again, reward never paid out.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
@Paul Ness , you sure you weren’t the one sitting at the Silver Dollar Bar bar drinking Wyoming Whiskey doubles at 1 pm’ish? Remember, you also said you were bronc riding in the rodeo that night as a “walk on”. 😆

(just kidding. Great 1st post!)

intunegp

WKR
Wish I never would of posted this. I can say that a day after this encounter, rumor has it that the FS closed off that part of the river and there were quite a few agents on the ground in the vicinity. Wouldn't know for sure, I wasn't there.

This was no bipedal bear, most bears aren't 8 ft tall and walk 'that' upright for long. Thing had long swinging arms and an ape like face, pronounced muscling.

Ok, the 4th (last photo) from grFox92 shows the exact location of siting. the creature crossed the river just where the smallish trees start on the left side of river. I'm not real outdoorsy and guess I can't quite tell the difference between an willow tree vs. scrub brush. It's fairly deep there but the 8 ft tall creature had no problem and water didn't even come up to his crotch.

I think it's neat that grfox92 has an 8 yr old son interested in this siting but please, grfox, please be careful up there! i'm waaaay past 8 yr old and still shaken

Okay, first off...you didn't tell law enforcement because they wouldn't believe you anyway, but you thought you'd get more support on a forum full of hunters and outdoorsman?

Anyway, being that you didn't tell anyone, how would FS know where to go Squatchin? Do you think the other part of your "we" has been blabbing about it to whoever will listen?

Additionally, why would grfox and his son need to use caution? You weren't even looking for Squatch, are admittedly not real outdoorsy, and it didn't come and rip you to shreds. I'd wager if the Skunk Ape was into violence you wouldn't be around to tell the tale.

OP
P

Paul Ness

FNG
I heard that over the weekend, a bowhunter also sighted the creature and was able to take a video. This was about 1/2 mile from my encounter. I look forward to seeing the clip

gabenzeke

WKR
I googled it and it looks like there is a grainy video from a long ways away from 8/23 on youtube

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
I just got back from a 4 day back country hunt where the OP claims to have seen squatch. I'm still alive.

Funny story though. One morning after we left our tent, we went to our food hanging / cooking and eating spot about 150 yards away. While I was rummaging through my pack we heard a primate like scream coming from our camp area, so loud it echoed through the entire valley. I immediately thought of this thread. Not sure what it was, but I don't think it was a Squatch.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk