Well I guess I'm a Bear hunter now...

Not asking for tips, just wanted to introduce myself. Heading up to Cheyenne to help my two older sons with Antelope this year and planned to do some scouting in my Elk unit way up North Colorado in September. I happened to notice some September Bear tags on the leftover list in my unit and figured since I'll be running around I may as well carry a rifle and have a tag in my pocket. Looking forward to subscribing and participating in the Bear forum here on RS for a little while.

OP
ScreamingPotato
Welcome. Bears are amazing critters.

Yeah for sure. I've never had the desire to Bear hunt, too much Winnie the Pooh for me when I was a kid I guess and the TV show hunting ruined it for me, just always picture Pooh with a big barrel of honey. lol... But, something about hiking around in September through miles of wilderness looking for berries and scrub oak and hoping to luck out and get a chance at a boar is really getting me excited. I've been wanting to render up some bear fat to cook my venison in as well. The more I think about it the more excited I get.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah for sure. I've never had the desire to Bear hunt, too much Winnie the Pooh for me when I was a kid I guess and the TV show hunting ruined it for me, just always picture Pooh with a big barrel of honey. lol... But, something about hiking around in September through miles of wilderness looking for berries and scrub oak and hoping to luck out and get a chance at a boar is really getting me excited. I've been wanting to render up some bear fat to cook my venison in as well. The more I think about it the more excited I get.
There is a certain satisfaction gained from cooking up venison (or anything else) in bear oil that's hard to explain. Plus the meat is delicious. Good luck OP!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

OP
ScreamingPotato
There is a certain satisfaction gained from cooking up venison (or anything else) in bear oil that's hard to explain. Plus the meat is delicious. Good luck OP!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to a few things. The fat for cooking of course, some breakfast sausage mixes, and just plain something different.

Got some bear info for one of those units in far north co if you want to pm me we could talk well if it’s a unit that would help ya anyway

Heck yeah sounds great I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks!