What are your thoughts on live hunt threads?

TheCougar

WKR
What do you guys think about live hunt threads? I read them periodically because I enjoy seeing what other guys are doing. I was considering doing one this year, as I have a busy season and I’m hunting with new folks, so I miss the sense of sharing the hunts with my normal hunting partners. I don’t have an internet presence beyond Rokslide, so it’s not like I’m pimping myself out for internet “likes” or whatever, but I still feel kinda weird sharing my hunts with people I don’t know. Do you enjoy reading live hunt threads? What do you think about them, good and bad?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well I know they blow up if you tag out but I hope to learn something by watching them. That makes it good punched tag or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Thanks fellas. Good to think on. Not set on doing one yet, but I may. 17 days until I’m in the elk woods! I just spent 8 hours making my wife 18 freezer meals for her and the kids while I’m gone this season.

N2TRKYS

WKR
When I think 'live hunt thread', I think about folks reporting on what they're seeing, the weather, and after the shot photos. All of these are written out on a daily thread, not videoed. That's how it's done on another forum that I'm on and it works very well.

For example, there's a guy doing a live from the woods(LFTW) daily thread for his Oregon elk hunt. He gives updates of how his hunt is going and what he's seeing. It's pretty awesome.

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried them before, seems like every time I've done one on other forums, I end up getting skunked.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Robbys solo threads are awesome. No bs just hard hunting for big deer. With others I’ve read YMMV. I’d be interested in reading along, OP.