What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
3%, 9%, I'm not sure how the math is working. 1.386 Billion people in China and roughly 3000 dead because of corona. That's a population death rate of .00000216%. Way, way less than 3%. At least that's how I'd run the numbers.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I certainly do not know how, why, if, when, where and with what intention/or accidently/or naturally this thing has at its origin.
Is there a mad scientist somewhere that want to reduce the population of the world? I am sure that there is but that does not make me sure that some such person is responsible for this.
Any Chinese elites infected? Any world elites infected? Maybe they have a immunization shot for this?

That is all pure speculation.

I certainly do not know how, why, if, when, where and with what intention/or accidently/or naturally this thing has at its origin.
Is there a mad scientist somewhere that want to reduce the population of the world? I am sure that there is but that does not make me sure that some such person is responsible for this.
Any Chinese elites infected? Any world elites infected? Maybe they have a immunization shot for this?

That is all pure speculation.
Iran's Deputy Health Minister has tested postivie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
So since we are winging out conspiracy theories. This is all a ploy to get oil to drop now opec will cut back and then we will slide in and take even more of the world share of oil. With the riots that will ensue when the ME oil producers start going broke the US will slide in put in leaders we can control and have cheap oil for centuries. Green new deal my ass...

disclaimer: there is no way I believe this

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
3%, 9%, I'm not sure how the math is working. 1.386 Billion people in China and roughly 3000 dead because of corona. That's a population death rate of .00000216%. Way, way less than 3%. At least that's how I'd run the numbers.
I think it's death rate within the population of people who have contracted the virus.

Trial153

WKR
seems you are giving them quite a bit of credit.

Its a fairly commonly held theme on here and other hunting sights. There is strong contingent of individuals that honestly believe that this ( as well as ...well everything else ) is part of an orchestrated liberal plot.

I am sure that converse is true as well , if you were to frequent someplace with a strong liberal bias you would see them blaming this ( as well as ....well everything else ) on an orchestrated conservative plot.

for example

elkduds

WKR
I'd rather have the flu than Rump. And it may work out that way. His bragging points are the stock market and low unemployment, which he claims is the total US economy. He ignores expertise in favor of blind loyalty. Now we have Pence as his scapegoat for federal response to Coronavirus, which is truly frightening. What Pence heard in church or what Rump heard on the golf course is far more important than the opinions of all the professionals and elite scientists that used to work for the federal gov't. Now those jobs are vacant, or have big donors in them. As the stock market tanks, Rump's deep pocket supporters step off, 'Merica gets sicker and more die than necessary due to poor Pence/Fed response. Voters flee toward the perceived safety of promised universal health care by Democrats. All this perfectly timed to match our election cycle.

The Lord works in mysterious ways ;)

jspradley

WKR
Its a fairly commonly held theme on here and other hunting sights. There is strong contingent of individuals that honestly believe that this ( as well as ...well everything else ) is part of an orchestrated liberal plot.

I am sure that converse is true as well , if you were to frequent someplace with a strong liberal bias you would see them blaming this ( as well as ....well everything else ) on an orchestrated conservative plot.

for example

Yup, it's way more comforting to think that everything is all under control of "the bad guys" because, after all, the bad guys can be stopped whereas nature just don't GAF what we do.

I can't remember the name of the effect but there is a documented psychological effect that people believe the magnitude of the cause of an event has to be in direct proportion to the magnitude of the that event and it's effects. It explains a LOT of conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
I'd rather have the flu than Rump. And it may work out that way. His bragging points are the stock market and low unemployment, which he claims is the total US economy. He ignores expertise in favor of blind loyalty. Now we have Pence as his scapegoat for federal response to Coronavirus, which is truly frightening. What Pence heard in church or what Rump heard on the golf course is far more important than the opinions of all the professionals and elite scientists that used to work for the federal gov't. Now those jobs are vacant, or have big donors in them. As the stock market tanks, Rump's deep pocket supporters step off, 'Merica gets sicker and more die than necessary due to poor Pence/Fed response. Voters flee toward the perceived safety of promised universal health care by Democrats. All this perfectly timed to match our election cycle.

The Lord works in mysterious ways ;)

elkduds you sound like a typical racist CIS gendered white supremacist who used his white privilege to gain everything in his life.

If we could just embrace Bernie and communism ( what a great record in the 20th century) and open borders, free healthcare for tens of millions of illegal aliens, free college for tens of millions of illegal aliens, and gun bans and gun confiscation, ban all hunting and mandate veganism and solar powered cars and. airplanes and free stuff for everyone and an 80 per cent tax on racist white middle class Americans I think the market will rebound.

elkduds

WKR
elkduds you sound like a typical racist CIS gendered white supremacist who used his white privilege to gain everything in his life.

If we could just embrace Bernie and communism ( what a great record in the 20th century) and open borders, free healthcare for tens of millions of illegal aliens, free college for tens of millions of illegal aliens, and gun bans and gun confiscation, ban all hunting and mandate veganism and solar powered cars and. airplanes and free stuff for everyone and an 80 per cent tax on racist white middle class Americans I think the market will rebound.
Sounds like you already caught it. As for my crystal ball, it said move $ out of the stock market 3 weeks ago. Glad I did.

Okhotnik

WKR
Sounds like you already caught it. As for my crystal ball, it said move $ out of the stock market 3 weeks ago. Glad I did.

Ok white supremacist

I moved out last fall. And just picked up a 1000 shares of Exxon at 47 yesterday . 55 today.

Im looking to pick up more deals.

Trial153

WKR
The only thing they haven’t been able to touch is Trumps’s economy. Until now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anybody that could blame this administration or any administration for a liquidity driven sell off is nothing but a party hack. We have more then enough of them on both sides to go around.

Maybe this situation will shine a spot light on the elephant sitting in the corner. Most of our supply worries re china shitting the bed can be traced back to the corporate government partnership that been selling out america at ever turn by out sourcing our manufacturing capacity.

3% number being tossed around is mortality rate of diagnosed cases not total pop. So it is 3% of the people that have the disease die of it or complications relating to it.

If you went to dig a bit deeper these stats are from CDC China as of the 25th. Keep in mind that they may be triaging based on age and preexisting conditions like cancer, diabetes and heart disease - ie if you are sick or old you are less likely to get a ventilator if things get real bad - which would skew mortality to older patients.

Mortality from the novel corona virus by age

age group
Number of confirmed cases
Number of deaths
mortality rate
0- to 9-year-olds
-
0 percent

10 to 19 year olds
0.2 percent
20 to 29 year olds
0.2 percent

30 to 39 year olds
0.2 percent

40 to 49 year olds
0.4 percent

50 to 59 year olds
1.3 percent

60 to 69 year olds
3.6 percent

70 to 79 year olds
8.0 percent

Over 80s
14.8 percent

Source: China CDC Weekly

Fatcamp

WKR
I don’t

I don’t think it is orchestrated at all, some what shocked at the conspiracy theories on here. I do think the American people would switch during a pandemic. This is problematic for trump if it doesn’t fade prior to fall. Dismantling the CDC prior to an epidemichad poor optics and incumbents go as the economy goes. You feel comfortable with Pence in charge of the virus plan?

Holy cats. Pence is not in charge of the response to this issue. His is a supervisory role and that of mouthpiece for the administration. The scientists and physicians at HHS and CDC are in charge of this along with each individual states health department.

And nobody dismantled the CDC. Reduction of funding is not dismantling.

brsnow

WKR
I believe that was debunked as fake news.

no, it is not fake news. There were major cuts and you can certainly research it. Would be interesting if Trump applied the same logic to the military as he did for this

Status
Not open for further replies.