What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggieland

WKR
Any volunteers?
Ivermectin and Coronavirus

Australia: "An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.
A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday."

This would be freaking awesome.

mt100gr.

WKR
Any volunteers?

Australia: "An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.
A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday."

Dang. That's de-wormer!!

"Do you want the paste or the injection? If you graze where snails may be present, the ivomec-plus injection is recommended so you won't get liver flukes. .." ....crazy.

Any volunteers?

The true history of ivemectin was in the African jungle, image the formulation has changed a lot per species though.

Interesting none the less

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
So flu at 40,000 deaths is 110 people per day at 365 days. We lost 1500 yesterday, I sure hope this slows down soon as it warms up. Don’t know if it will be seasonal or not, but that will help buy time for a vaccine

Rmauch20

WKR
We need better testing...with numbers of asymptomatic people it makes me believe the testing spectrum is too broad. For the record I am not a Dr. and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

We need better testing...with numbers of asymptomatic people it makes me believe the testing spectrum is too broad. For the record I am not a Dr. and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

My county is doing random testing now. I think with that data and the data from the folks tested that are admitted we can have a decent extrapolation on current population with it now and back calculate how many may have already had it. Also not a doctor but I can do a pivot table like a mutha.

jmez

WKR
Depends on where you are. About takes an act of God to get tested in South Dakota. We don't have any tests and every time were supposed to get some they are getting diverted elsewhere.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Depends on where you are. About takes an act of God to get tested in South Dakota. We don't have any tests and every time were supposed to get some they are getting diverted elsewhere.

I can't tell who is getting tested. If you are inpatient for any reason and cough you are tested and put in quarantine. Other than that I don't think much of anyone is being tested.

Obviously, if you present with bona fide symptoms you will be tested and then sent home, but I don't even know how many of those folks are being tested.

jmez

WKR
Was a lady from my wife's work with bonafide symptoms and they wouldn't and didn't test her. She called ER twice, they told her even if she were admitted she still may not get tested.

Fatcamp

WKR
Our local facility tests all admitted patients with symptoms and quarantines them until the results are back.

KurtR

WKR
Our local facility tests all admitted patients with symptoms and quarantines them until the results are back.

Beings your both in South Dakota I would be interested to know where each place is. Funny how a protocol is not sent up an followed to have some standardization

Here something I dont understand....I live in SC we don't have stay at home order in place, just check the news,..yes schools, restaurants, nonessential businesses, and public boat ramps are closed. Gov said if you can stay home please do.

45 min North of me is Charlotte, NC has a stay at home order, mass transit is still running in CLT... buses and light rail reduced schedule due to volume yes... but still running..now which scenario is more "dangerous"?
My county is doing random testing now. I think with that data and the data from the folks tested that are admitted we can have a decent extrapolation on current population with it now and back calculate how many may have already had it. Also not a doctor but I can do a pivot table like a mutha.
From my understanding the test the use now looks for Corona virus DNA any Corona Virus not specifically Covid-19...the common cold is a corona virus..so if you are fighting a cold does your wuflu test come back positive?

Fatcamp

WKR
Beings your both in South Dakota I would be interested to know where each place is. Funny how a protocol is not sent up an followed to have some standardization

We are talking about different things. All I can speak to are people who are already in the hospital and show symptoms. Talking trauma, cardiac event, or any other critical care problem that brings them to the ED. The other gentleman is talking about outpatient issues. If she was admitted she would be tested and quarantined. No way are hospitals letting people who are coughing and febrile just general admit.

No idea if protocols are universal in the state. Way above my pay grade.

Wow, that is surprising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brother lives in south FL, he’s been taking my nephew out and spanking the bass on a regular basis. Never see another person. Here in eastern WA, they just shut down school for the year today and extended fishing ban until May 4.

My first family member tested positive today... so my sister in law’s mother is an infectious disease doctor in KC. My sister in law was in NYC, then flew home with my bro in law. Her mom had them tested as a precautionary step, he was negative and she was positive. No symptoms except loss of smell for her. They’re both in quarantine now.

For one, this is exactly how it’s spreading. For two, this is how the numbers are skewed (they are only testing folks with symptoms so death rate is biased high). Three, it must be nice having an infectious disease doctor for a mom.

I still think it’s overhyped and a power grab... also still willing to wager a donation to charity of choice that overall death rate in US is no different this year ~ 2.9M.

Status
Not open for further replies.