What arrows are you shooting...not weight but brand

Luked

WKR
I have shot Gold tip Hunters for years. I dont by the Pros but the Hunter XTs.
I have never really had an issue with them at all and have been able to get almost a full doz to spin true and build good when I am done.
Next year would like to try some other arrows and would like to see which ones you all would suggest.
Would like to try something in a smaller dia arrow but not really sure which ones to try or use.
I know with the smaller dia arrows there is a little bit of a building learning curve somewhat compared to what I have been using jsut because of the components.
So what arrow and components are you all using.

big44a4

WKR
I have shot Gold tip Hunters for years. I dont by the Pros but the Hunter XTs.
I have never really had an issue with them at all and have been able to get almost a full doz to spin true and build good when I am done.
Next year would like to try some other arrows and would like to see which ones you all would suggest.
Would like to try something in a smaller dia arrow but not really sure which ones to try or use.
I know with the smaller dia arrows there is a little bit of a building learning curve somewhat compared to what I have been using jsut because of the components.
So what arrow and components are you all using.

Victory with Easton HIT and TI collar. RIP 5mm series

victory rip tko, easton brass hit, golf club high impact epoxy, iron will titanium collar. so far they are much more consistent than the pierce platinums they replaced.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Victory RIP Elite (not TKO just standard 5mm) with Goldtip Stainless Steel Inserts for one bow, and GT Airstrikes for the other.

Will probably switch to a HIT and Iron Will collar after I shoot through all these and only continue with the Victory brand.

Black Eagle X-Impact with the focus system.

They have been really good. The system allows you to adjust total weight and align broadheads.

I used VAP prior and prefer these after using them for the past 2 years.

WCB

WKR
I currently use Gold Tip Hunter Pro...IMO best arrow I have shot and gave up on outsert small diameter time sucking b.s.

I've shot (dating way back) old Easton aluminum soemthings, Beaman something or others, Carbon Express Maximas, Easton FMJ, VAPs (more broken arrows than any other), GT Pierce Platinum (with steel inserts). As stated now shoot the GT Hunter Pro and not even looking to think about changing. I have 4 dozen shafts sitting on standby and 2 dozen in rotation right now.

I saw basically no noticeable advantage of small diameter arrows out to 80yards. No difference in pass throughs and real world difference in wind drift (saw more change in drift from 4" to 2" and different profile vanes than just shaft difference).

sndmn11

WKR
Gold Tip and Victory

There's a well established archery company developing their first arrow and I'm hoping to have some for September to evaluate.

I believe some of the dtc companies like Sirius have a good shaft as well.

I have heard complaints from the bow shop folks about recent carbon express arrows being not as straight as expected.

jondur

FNG
Shooting Easton Axis 5 mm. Great arrow that’s well matched to my V3 set at 66lb draw and 30” draw. 300 spine. Total arrow weight is 510 grains.

Beendare

WKR
Accmos and Linkboy….best finish and excellent spine consistency….
( $36/doz shafts)
I know, I know….I was an Easton guy for decades but their arrows just don’t hold up like the Accmos at 3x to 4x the cost.
Yeah these are the trad finish Eastons (Accmos black in center) but the black are the same- just not as good in the last 5-10 years as they used to be.
B16CCEA8-C843-4BEE-AF39-75BC3718C410.jpeg

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Gold tip Hunter XT. Didn't see that much difference that the Hunter Pro and now I can use lighted nocks easier. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Shooting victory vf tko right now, they are good tough arrows. I’ll probably try something different tho next time around, either regular 5mm rip or Easton axis. I don’t want to spend 20$ a shaft for rip tko or anything. I prefer to stay closer to 10$ for a bare shaft.

TheTone

WKR
Black eagle Spartans currently

Probably going to switch to Easton axis next year