What can is leading the pack for a 6.5 prc?

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Starting to put together my build for this winter after hunting season. I’m want to get a new supressor for this build that’s a little shorter than my current silencer central banish 30 gold. I have been eying the thunder beast ultra 7. Are there any others out there that are 7 inches or less that I should be looking at?

Enticer Sti, AB raptor 8 stack, Scythe ti, hydrogen S are all interesting options/ultra 7 alternatives to me. Scythe Ti was my recent choice.

Last edited:

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
KGM 65 at 8.6oz

Scythe-TI or Raptor 8 seem to be the two front runners for what you are looking for. Beyond that'd I'd consider the Enticer Sti. I ultimately went for the Scythe-TI (capital armory has had them in stock below MSRP). Hoping to have it in hand within the month.

JjamesIII

WKR
If accuracy is paramount, and you don’t want to gamble on repeatable performance, thunderbeast. Flip a coin on the ultra or dominus line up. I’d not jack around with caliber specific- just go 30 cal to cover most everything since the atf makes it such a hassle.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll toss my hat on the Dead Air Nomad L, easily the quietest can I’ve shot and the new TI version is only 12 oz or so.

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
If accuracy is paramount, and you don’t want to gamble on repeatable performance, thunderbeast. Flip a coin on the ultra or dominus line up. I’d not jack around with caliber specific- just go 30 cal to cover most everything since the atf makes it such a hassle.
I didn’t know if there was enough benefit for caliber specific vs. up to 30 cal. Thanks for the input!

Lawnboi

WKR
I didn’t know if there was enough benefit for caliber specific vs. up to 30 cal. Thanks for the input!

I have a 6.5 and a 30 cal G2 ultra 7. The difference is noticeable with smaller cartridges.

The length of the barrel would really be a deciding factor for me. A short barrel and that much powder I’m going to want a larger suppressor.

On top of that I can tell a difference in recoil when comparing my U7 to my Magnus.

wesfromky

WKR
Hmmmm...... Hopefully be approved today on a Hydro-S, but in 30 cal. Submitted yesterday(Hydro-S and DA Mask). Was already approved on the rimfire can this morning. Overnight, baby......
Waiting on a hydro L .30, but keep thinking about adding a 6.5 S or maybe L.