What companies ship ammo to Alaska?

slick

WKR
@AK Troutbum I've flown AK Airlines but ammo has always been in a locked gun case. Can ammo just be in a brown cardboard box? Or when you have others fly up with it are you also sending a pelican case or something similar too?

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
@AK Troutbum I've flown AK Airlines but ammo has always been in a locked gun case. Can ammo just be in a brown cardboard box? Or when you have others fly up with it are you also sending a pelican case or something similar too?

Just has to be in the "original manufacture's packaging," doesn't need to be locked, can just be in your regular luggage. I've even taken two flats of 12 ga shells, taped them together, and checked them just like that.

slick

WKR
Thanks fellas. This thread is gold trying figure out the best methods of getting ammo in SW AK.

Yeah don't do the mail thing - didn't know and did that once. Luckily I didn't get in trouble. It was unfortuante too - I got an empty box that had gotten wet and fallen apart. Apparently it had fallen into some liquid and when they picked it up the ammo fell out of the box. The empty box was in a bag with a note that said any banned items had been confinscated. I was happy it wasn't worse and had to refund the guy his ammo *gunbrokergonebad.
I haven't done this but was told that Sportsmans and Cabelas wont do ship to store which is ridiculous if that true since they are already shipping ammo - anybody able to confirm or refute that?