What do I have, and how do I get rid of it?

rclouse79

WKR
It is once again time for me to call upon the wealth of non-hunting Rokslide expertise. What am I dealing with here, and what is the best remedy?
IMG_0592.jpegIMG_0593.jpeg

packer58

WKR
Your title was a good hook for sure .........but in the end you've still got moles or voles ..........

Drenalin

WKR
You have green grass encroaching on no maintenance dirt. Round up would be the quickest and easiest.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
A controlled burn possibly solves both this issue and the moles, but OP will need to repeat it periodically.

I just bought a couple of these and watched a YouTube video. Looks like correct placement over one of their straight tunnels is key.
They are gnarly looking critters.
Yeah you dig down until you get to where they’ve tunneled through. Take care to not get scent on the trap. It takes some practice but once you get it you can get rid of them pretty easily.

2ski

WKR
Ok to puggy back here, I don't have his problem of dead patches but I have a hole up against my window well. So not pouring gas next to my house. What should I do then?

LostArra

WKR
mounds of dirt around here are pocket gophers
elevated tunnels in the yard are moles/voles

I've had good luck with Gophinator traps

This is what I want but the collateral damage might be an issue:

Jethro

WKR
Moles? I've never had moles bring dirt to the surface like that. I've got no other answer though based on the pics.

I caught a live mole one time. I didn't have the heart to kill him, just let him go. You're free little mole! Live it big!