What do you do to keep warm on a cot?

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
Sleeping in a tent and have one of those XL outfitter cots. Last year at the deer hunt I got pretty cold on it on the bottom. What’s the best way to stay warm sleeping on a cot?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I slept in -5 temps on a Coleman Deluxe. They have a 1” foam pad and I added another closed cell foam pad underneath. Used a heavy 0 degree canvas/flannel sleeping bag and I slept like a freaking baby (and I’m not a good sleeper).

I use a closed cell foam pad and a self-inflating pad inflated to about 75% over that. Sleeping bag or quilt as necessary on top.

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
I slept in -5 temps on a Coleman Deluxe. They have a 1” foam pad and I added another closed cell foam pad underneath. Used a heavy 0 degree canvas/flannel sleeping bag and I slept like a freaking baby (and I’m not a good sleeper).
The Coleman is awesome.

fmyth

WKR
This made a huge difference for me. I could feel the heat being reflected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 5.18.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 5.18.04 PM.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 173

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have a 4" bed mattress out of RV, 30" wide 6' 6'' long. fit's perfect.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
I use either a surplus wool blanket folded in half which works great or last year we used these foam egg crate mattress toppers and I slept great and it was in the teens outside.

stdeb11

FNG
Coule inch thick memory foam mattress topper. I bought a queen size and cut it in half...have used my backpacking sleeping pad but it moved around too much during the night. Felt like I was sleeping with a pool floaty on a cot

KineKilla

WKR
Used an old Thermarest for a long time. Now I'm using a Klymit inflatable. I stay warm in some very cold temps.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Tested on a cot down to nearly 10F is a Exped Symat 9 pad with an older Cabela's down bag (rating says -30F). So warm I slept with bag partially unzipped. That mat is not the lightest, but great insulator.

I just use my sleeping pad and a sleeping bag on top of that and then in a canvas/flannel sleeping bag. I run my Mr Buddy heater all night and am toasty warm well down into the single digits. The heater runs until the propane bottle runs out and then if its super cold I will put another one in and turn in back on or if its not too bad I just leave it off. I have been wanting to try a big thick foam topper and see how that works.

Whisky

WKR
I got the Cabelas xl cot pad to go with that cot, and their Alasakn guide xl 0 degree bag. Excellent late season truck camp set up.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I use the bubble wrap type insulation from Lowe's. Low teens with a canvas/ flannel 0 rated bag. Makes a difference