What Do You Look for in Kenai and Super Down Fit...?

Ivory

Lil-Rokslider
The XL is a more athletic fit. It allows for 2 thin base layers under it. 3 base layers and it becomes tight in the arms and shoulders. My Guide or Chugach easily goes on over it. It’s too tight to go over my Guide. It’s a little short in the belly area.

The XXL is a more roomy fit. It allows for up to 3 thin base layers under it. My Guide or Chugach goes on over it but it takes up more volume under them than the XL. It goes on over my Guide nicely. It’s a good length in the belly area. A tad bit bulky in the chest and stomach area.

The XL fits more like a sweatshirt and the XXL fits more like a jacket.

Wondering how often you guys use the Kenai as an outer layer? I have a couple later November day hike hunts planned this year where I don’t have to worry about rain, maybe snow. Having a hard time deciding what size would be best?

I also would like to pick up a Super Down with a hood to use with the Kenai while glassing stationary or if it gets really cold. I’m assuming I would want this one to go on easily as an outer layer over my Kenai and/or Guide?

I don’t have much experience with late season hunting so was hoping for some helpful recommendations. Thanks guys!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked kuiu about layering the two and they don't recommend because of the fit. Kuiu said the kenai is better for an outer layer durability wise over the super down.

My thought was I should have kept my FL puffy since its cut like an overcoat, would be perfect over the kenai.

This past winter I wore two insulation jackets and really like it compared to one very warm coat. Which is what I'll take this November and leave my guide and rain shell. ( Kuiu Teton puffy and hooded puffy from target.)