What do you take to eat for a day hunt?

rbljack

WKR
If im going out for the whole day, i pack a lunch and dinner plus snacks. All of the options mentioned above at some point or another. For a whole day hunt, im bringin the stove too typically, and will carry a Mountain house meal, plus a hot chocolate pack or instant coffee.

Doing this will help me stay out there till dark, instead of walking back before dark. If its only a half mile to a mile from the road, i want to be out there till past the end of shooting light before even beginning to hike back to the truck. Full belly, warm coffee or hot chocolate also helps. And whatever IM brining, its always going to be food I like/look forward too. Weight isnt as much an issue on a hunt like that, so bring what ya like!

I really enjoy taking things that are easy to snack on. Peanut M&Ms, pistachios, wasabi almonds, freeze dried mangos, nutella tortillas, pop tarts

Take a tortilla put mayo cheese and some deli meat and roll it up, I take a few and its awesome, got the idea from my wife making our son lunch. I take all the ingredients separately in a cooler if I'm near my truck.

bascheman

FNG
I’m all over the place, I generally have sour patch kids and a back packing stove with a freeze dried meal. Half of the fun for me is just being out there so I take my time with a meal break.

Always have an MRE and stove with me but never use it. I’ve always just made 2 PBJ sandwiches and moved out. But I’m never hungry until noon, if I was a breakfast person I’d pack more food.

I make my own meat products like sticks and summer sausage. I also smoke my own cheese. I eat good. I eat KETO. I can run like a banshee and never get hangry.

CBar

FNG
Backcountry fish and chips! Package of tuna and a small bag of Salt and Vinegar chips, crush the chips and pile the tuna on top - great combo. Homemade bars, dehydrated pineapple, and no matter what food/drinks/crocs at the truck for the roll home.