What have you done for weight loss today?

DuckDogDr

WKR
I know we have the weight loss thread to track progress; but I figured a daily routine would be good update .

Intermittent fast with 2.1 mile walk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Tracked calories and consumed less than I burned. 3.5 mile ruck with 60 pounds and pushing an 80 pound stroller (2 kids + stroller). Weighed myself first thing in the morning and logged it.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
It is all about clean eating and calorie deficit. Unless you are born with a high metabolism or good genes it is the only way! Cut out sodas and alcohol and it is amazing what that will do alone.
I totally agree with this statement. Cutting excessive carbs and sugar along with portion control is the only thing that tends to produce results for me.

JasonWi

WKR
Pre packed all my food for work today and tracked the calories in MFP. Hour at the gym, 30:00 lifting and 32:00 spinning

Chuckybmd

WKR
Thanks for sharing. Hitting 40 soon. Dealing with a change in metabolism. Doing the same things I’ve always done isn’t working as well as it used too. Seems like eating healthy and being active everyday is much more essential than it used ti be!

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing. Hitting 40 soon. Dealing with a change in metabolism. Doing the same things I’ve always done isn’t working as well as it used too. Seems like eating healthy and being active everyday is much more essential than it used ti be!
Feel lucky that you made it to 40 before it slowed down lol....I feel like it happened in my late 20s. I remember a day that I could smash 3 full plates of food a Chinese buffet and didn't put any weight on. I did go from a really physical job to an office job though.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
Something I heard that stuck with me:
"People will spend hundreds of dollars more on a piece of gear to save ounces of weight while at the same time being 30 pounds overweight."

I’m 38 and I’ve stayed a consistent 190lbs for pretty much the last 10 years but I’ve noticed in the last year or so I just don’t feel is good as I used to. So I’ve cut out all cokes, most sugar except for maybe one dessert on the weekend, and trying to eat better and workout 4 days a week. I was trail walking/jogging about 2.5 miles every morning but In the last week I’ve also started using a kettlebell, so I’ll see how that goes. Snacking is my nemesis, I work from home and it’s so easy to just walk to the fridge and grab something. So I’ve been keeping almonds at my desk or getting an apple. I haven’t lost any weight yet but I feel better, my goal is to be under 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 38 and I’ve stayed a consistent 190lbs for pretty much the last 10 years but I’ve noticed in the last year or so I just don’t feel is good as I used to. So I’ve cut out all cokes, most sugar except for maybe one dessert on the weekend, and trying to eat better and workout 4 days a week. I was trail walking/jogging about 2.5 miles every morning but In the last week I’ve also started using a kettlebell, so I’ll see how that goes. Snacking is my nemesis, I work from home and it’s so easy to just walk to the fridge and grab something. So I’ve been keeping almonds at my desk or getting an apple. I haven’t lost any weight yet but I feel better, my goal is to be under 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have replaced a lot of the carbs that I loved with cauliflower. We use it in casseroles instead of noodles and mash up instead of eating mashed potatoes. The cauliflower rice isn't bad either. There is even a pizza shop near my house that offers a cauliflower crust pizza that is really tasty. Cutting carbs way back and sugar took me from 193 lbs at my heaviest down to 173 lbs for last elk season. I will do a desert every once in awhile but it is a big improvement over making a dozen break and bake cookies or brownies every other night.

Fasted from 8PM to 11AM. Up at 7 and hunted with a light pack until 9. Turkeys were smarter than I was. Run and gun, so a few miles put in. Pemmican, mixed veggies, and pan fried haddock for lunch. God only knows the incredible delicacies the wife will be preparing. I don't even try to moderate evening calories. Seems to be working. I've stayed on target since 2015.

Hit a morning walk for 45 minutes with the dog. I'll hit another 45 minute walk at lunch time. I picked up an Apple watch and have been in competitions with my brother and oldest daughter. As much as I hate the technology, this has been a huge help in keeping me going.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Hit a morning walk for 45 minutes with the dog. I'll hit another 45 minute walk at lunch time. I picked up an Apple watch and have been in competitions with my brother and oldest daughter. As much as I hate the technology, this has been a huge help in keeping me going.
I picked up a Garmin watch, and it has been a huge help for me as well. I did not realize how inactive I was on some days.

Haakon14

FNG
Something I heard that stuck with me:
"People will spend hundreds of dollars more on a piece of gear to save ounces of weight while at the same time being 30 pounds overweight."
Very true, but not all of them. Buddy of mine was looking for a new O/U shotgun, respectable price range but nothing fancy. Sales guy was trying to upsell a gun in a completely different price range due to it being a couple ounces lighter. My buddy's response: "For that price if I was that worried about a couple ounces, I'd take it off the chassis." Like many of us, former mid level competitive athlete now career, dad, weekend warrior.

I agree with @Marbles: love my Garmin watch. I definitely use it to recognize daily inactivity due to career and motivate me to find ways to make time for activity such as going for a run during a kid's soccer or baseball practice.