What is the deal with latex gloves?

Michael54

WKR
Some people still refuse to wash their hands after using the restroom as well.....my goal is to keep the meat as clean as i possibly can. I find a cheap pair of nitrile gloves makes that easier. To each their own. What is irritating to me is seeing them thrown all through the woods. Its not hard to take a grocery bag with you and take them out with you....

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I wear latex gloves if it’s cold . Bloody hands and 13 degree weather suuuucks

BFR

WKR
Utah elk down, -11degrees, 40+ mph wind. Result was gutted elk, hypothermia and frostbite. Now I wear arm length and latex gloves, result is don’t have to remove coat, no bloody sleeves, clean hands to put in my cold weather gloves when done.

Grumman

WKR
I used them for the first time this year and will going forward. Like others have said so nice to not use up water to clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Button

WKR
Gloves lol.
wearing latex gloves is a thing?
Now that I browsed a few comments I can see the utility. I won’t cast judgment where gloves are fit in freezing weather.

TheGDog

WKR
Long Story Shorter? You have no idea what the in heck that animal has been up to. And there are some gnarly drug-resistant germs out there now.

Smokedhog

FNG
At one point a few years ago I did a lot of trapping. When you look down at the shop floor and need to skin and flesh 7 beaver, 4 coyotes, a couple cats, an otter and half dozen raccoons, a pair of gloves looks pretty nice. A couple months of trapping equals scraped and lacerated hands, there are simply too many bloodborne pathogens for me to want to take a chance.

jmez

WKR
Utah elk down, -11degrees, 40+ mph wind. Result was gutted elk, hypothermia and frostbite. Now I wear arm length and latex gloves, result is don’t have to remove coat, no bloody sleeves, clean hands to put in my cold weather gloves when done.

Put a pair of cotton gloves under the latex. Hands won't get near as cold.

Reactions: BFR
I’m not a die hard glove where but there is times I wish I had them on. Bloody hands will stick to a mag light when it’s cold enuff. Hunt with a coworker that carry’s extra gloves to throw heart in and then throws in vest pouch. Keeps them clean.

boom

WKR
in the widerness, hand washing is suspect anyways. i occasionally wear gloves in an attempt to keep them clean.

i dont judge either way.

K-22

FNG
I've never used them until recently. Just seemed to make more sense to use them, easier to keep your hand clean and keep the animal's blood out of any small cuts I have. To me the better question is, why not use them?
👍👍👍👍