What is your every day carry knife and why? Does nostalgia supersede function?

Ive carried a leatherman charge titanium ever since they have come out. I use it 10 times a day minimum....

Benchmade Infidel. Was given to me as payment for favor and I love it!!! I use it all the time and it holds its edge very well

JeffP_Or

WKR
Leatherman c33; started as my EDC since it was a whopping $18 unit and if I broke it or lost it or anything else - it made little matter. Ultimately, I liked it for size, thinnesss, weight and how it felt. I finally lost the original and had to find a new one - not as easy as before and cost nearly $45. I really considered the bugout, but EDC can take some abuse and I'm 'frugal'.
Oh. And the c33 has a handy bottle opener...

ShakeDown

WKR
Funny... Finding myself in exact same boat. Have several. This Lightweight 110 is my current EDC. Think the Manix 2 is such a perfect EDC. Personally don't get the BM Osbourne 940 thing. I'd opt for the Bugout as a second choice EDC.

When the possibilities involve potential to break down game in the EDC, these two are tough to beat. Any knife can open boxes. I lose my schit when a knife video involves "It really excels at Food Prep" really?? It's a knife. If it cant cut an apple in half, it has no interest to me.

I actually have two 940s - the traditional green anodized s30v and the 940-1 w/ carbon scales and s90v. I love the knife, but it’s not a workhorse like the Manix.

Benchmade Bugout or Manix Lightweight are the two best EDC blades for field use in my opinion.

If I’m going to a wedding I’ll carry the purty 940-1 😂

If I’m going to a wedding I’ll carry the purty 940-1 😂
Wedding Knife Story-

Arlington, VA. Super Swank event. High End smart people. Only Boots n Jeans guy at the event. Request for a knife rang out. Nobody rose to the call, save the beer drinker in jeans in the corner.

Produced a ZT 0804CF with the flick of a finger and watched the Liberals squirm. It was passed around to cut zip ties on the big top tent for better ventilation. My date (wife) giggled with glee watching 3 other "men" pass it around attempting to close a frame lock for return. Wife wraps her arms around my arm, places her head on my shoulder and exhales.....knowing she owned the only Man present that evening.

They'd have schit themselves had they known there was a baby Glock in my right boot....

Sentimental: Yes. Not mine, but of others.

My Pops carried the same money clip and Shrade folder for decades. When he stroked out, it was my first request and called Dibs before he was cold. That, and a US made Stanley thermos he carried daily to the same shop for 36 years.

Sentimental to me. But I carry none of my own with much emotional connection. More like Kevin, they're tools. Some for sure classier than others and some more spendy by far than others.

Always carry a Leatherman Skeletool. For years I carried a variation of different knives but I got one of those about 5 years ago and I’ve never looked back. It’s not the toughest knife, but it does 99% of what I need it to for everyday stuff.

Tod osier

WKR
Always carry a Leatherman Skeletool. For years I carried a variation of different knives but I got one of those about 5 years ago and I’ve never looked back. It’s not the toughest knife, but it does 99% of what I need it to for everyday stuff.

I was just going to post this. Carry a skeleton CX every day for the past several years. Lot of utility in that package. I wish the blade held an edge a little better, it is supposed to be 154CM, but mine seems to dull really quickly.

I was just going to post this. Carry a skeleton CX every day for the past several years. Lot of utility in that package. I wish the blade held an edge a little better, it is supposed to be 154CM, but mine seems to dull really quickly.
My CX seems to be much better than my standard one. I ended up with the CX because I wanted a straight blade. Serrations just aren't for me.

IMG_0543.JPG

I used to rotate my EDC. Then I got a Bugout and my other benchies just kinda started to sit there. Zero emotional attachment to it, but in terms of utility and size in the pocket… like I said, I USED TO rotate my EDC.

Naiche

FNG
Carried a spyderco native in the field for years but now that I ride a desk it's a victorinox officer suisse. Gave the spyderco to my nephew

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Carried Benchmade and Leatherman for years. Currently a Doublestar Brimstone. A buddy had one and after using it to skin and quarter a deer, I bought a couple and carry one daily. I have spares in my hunting pack. Tough knife, holds its edge and fairly easy to sharpen.

My favorite knife that I used to carry was a Gerber Sportsman V Steel, it’s still one of my all time favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk