What knife does everyone carry?

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
Me, I'm a Buck guy, Bought all mine long before they started making a lot overseas, which in my opinion was a mistake. A lot more can be spent on knives and I have done so, but for a good mass produced knife, a good American made Buck is hard to beat. I had one of my dad's from the 70's which was pretty well abused and never sharpened properly. Sent it to Buck and it came back looking like a brand new knife. I gave it to one of my sons, figured he would use it more than I ever would.

Wapiti1

WKR
I rotate through a few different ones for everyday carry. Spyderco Manix 2, Delica 4 Emerson, Para 2, Benchmade Amicus, Ferrum Forge Fortis 1. I have a knife issue.

Jeremy

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I rarely leave home without my Benchmade CLA. In my kill kit I have a handmade knife I got as a gift; not the lightest, but it's got sentimental value.

schmalzy

WKR
Zero tolerance Rick hinderer 0392. Very pleased with durability. I’m rough on knives and watches and it’s held up great. Reasonably priced for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squamch

WKR
I have about a dozen different sub $100CAD knives that I cycle through. Mostly cheap gun show ones, in the sub $25 category. Decent steel, that I won't cry if I loose em. I had a pricey Kershaw briefly. Ruined a day of dirtbiking when I lost it.

In my hunting pack, a havalon and a couple spare blades.

Just picked up a white River backpacker pro due to the S35VN steel. Very impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ran this all season. Did 3 deer and 2 elk so far in the backcountry. I'm very impressed as well. Does work like a much larger knife. Great skinning shape, but at the same time I was surprised at how well the point handles fine work. Holds an edge very well, and with maintenance, easy to resharpen.

I should add that I also use a Tyto at certain points in the process, especially when deboning

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Loving the Benchmade Bugout. Ultralight, strong, and steel that holds an edge better than any knife I have owned. Do love the Buck knives as well, but this as been my daily carry for about a year. I use it at work and in the field. Cut open lots of 50 pound bags of salt with it every day and it just keeps on cutting. If it feels a little dull I just strop it on a big leather strip.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
Gerber Vital or Havalon in the pocket
Benchmade Hidden Canyon hunter on the belt
ESEE 3 in the pack

PNWGATOR

WKR
Lotta Buck’s made right here in Idaho... EXCELLENT customer service too!

Each of my boys gifted me a folder. One I EDC and the other I carry at work. They’re both great blades.