What is your go to home made hunting snacks

bard

Lil-Rokslider
What is your go to snacks when in the back country? I prefer bringing home made over always having chocolate bars and store bough trail mix. My two favorite are Protein power balls and Smoked Chex mix. For the protein balls I tend to go with

Peanut butter, ground oats, protein powder, honey, and chocolate chips. I am not fussy on what protein powder. I have used vanilla, but prefer salted caramel and snickerdoodle. Simple but great tasting and seems to last a long time out of the fridge. way prefer it to just protein or chocolate bars. works great as a quick breakfast as well.

for the chex mix I like the normal stuff along with bugles, mini beagles, up the nut content including macadamia nuts. I like the recipe off hey grill hey for the sauce. Meat church voodoo rub is great on it.

Lowg08

WKR
Not homemade a heck of a way to hit sugars carbs and proteins. 1 rice crispy treat, peanut butter on that and summer sausage on that. Sounds horrible but it’s actually good

BowBaboon

FNG
Did the link not go through?

If not, I’ll have to ask her how much she adds of each. It’s one of those recipes she just keeps in her head.
My bad.

It looks like we posted at the same time. I didn’t see your post.

I was referring to the ones that @bard mentioned in the original post.

Peanut butter balls like you minus the protein powder. I throw some crushed walnuts in there also. Homemade jerky is my #1 and I usually pack 1-1.5 lbs for a 3 day hunt. I like pistachios the flavored kind, sunflower seeds and lots of electrolytes are some essentials. Dehydrated strawberries are wonderful also.

I dont know why but skittles have become a staple for me! I usually do them with cashews and gummy bears... but after a few days in the cold the gummy bears will work your jaw. I think I am just going to swap them out for swedish fish this year.

Jimbee

WKR
Peanut butter balls are a staple for me. Easy recipe.
2 jars smuckers natural pb
1 bag dark chocolate chips
8 cups whole oats
1.25 cups honey.
A little salt.
Mix and form.

Randle

WKR
Jerky, beef sticks of your favorite flavor, smoked cheese, and almonds in a trail mix
then some sort of cracker.
Wheat thins or cheese its

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Homemade Trail Mix

Whole Cashews Sea Salt
Dark Chocolate covered Espresso Beans
Roasted&Salted Pistachios
Chili Pistachios
Almonds
Dried Cranberries