What keeps you from hunting OTC California?

What Keeps you from hunting OTC in California?

• Total voters

Extrapale

WKR
Response to Op.

My home state has otc for deer and elk. That and a few OOS opportunities every year burns all the time I have. Plus giving money to Cali seems like a bunch of bs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ZKPete

FNG
Born and raised in Southern California, live in Northern California now. Hunted for a few years, primarily here and in Arizona.

People like to complain about California, and I get it. But like others have written on this thread, there is a lot to enjoy about this state. Abundant fishing, bear hunting, upland bird, and deer hunting across the state, if you work hard and get away from roads. Temperate weather year round. Excellent food. Can surf and ski in the same day. Central coast for beautiful country, wine, and slower pace. North of SF is Marin, Sonoma, and Mendocino, some incredible backpacking, mountain biking, and general camping. I have to reconcile the natural splendor of this state with the morons that run it, but it is a nice place to live if you’re not in a city, but boy you pay for it!

It’s very easy to cr*p on California if you’re not from here- and I get it- but way more people than you think in this state are probably similar to a lot of folks on this site.
Well said. I have hunted here for 20 years, not the easiest but there are certainly some great opportunities out there if you put in some work.

You only have so many weeks in the Fall over the course of your life to spend hunting. Why in the world would any non-resident waste a single one of those days in California? If you're already planning on going out of state to hunt, California is probably number 50 out of 50 for me.

Two D unit deer in Southern California - I helped my dad and a friend tag out on these. not the biggest but they are some of the biggest in this part of the world . 10% success rate unit .

Attachments

• IMG_1557.jpeg
    IMG_1557.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1394.jpeg
    IMG_1394.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 43

Stalker69

WKR
California is the prime example of how government can ruin a state. Let's pray it don't spread, I know, it already has and is though. Hope the next election, helps change that.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
California is the prime example of how government can ruin a state. Let's pray it don't spread, I know, it already has and is though. Hope the next election, helps change that.
Far too late, they're already ruining every neighboring state