What rifles are you lefties shooting?

Im in the market for a new rifle for next season and was interested in what everyone else is using and how you like it? This will be primarily an elk gun. I would prefer 300WM or WSM.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

davsco

WKR
just bought a lefty tikka t3x lite in 300wsm! and a ton of different factory ammo varieties.

there are a good handful of companies (fierce, cooper etc) that will build one, with a wait and the 'lefty tax.'

had there been one out there, i would have grabbed a fierce or christensen or the like, but real tired of waiting.

OP
lyle_destroys
just bought a lefty tikka t3x lite in 300wsm! and a ton of different factory ammo varieties.

there are a good handful of companies (fierce, cooper etc) that will build one, with a wait and the 'lefty tax.'

had there been one out there, i would have grabbed a fierce or christensen or the like, but real tired of waiting.
Ive looked at Tikkas and really like them but Im going to the gunshop saturday and I know they have a Ruger FTW 300wm lefty Im very interested in. I shoot whitetails with a tang safety 77 and varmints and coyotes with a ruger american. I like my rugers and like that they are an american made pro 2a company.
Ive also heard the FTW hunters are damn accurate.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
Remington 700 for me. It’s collected dust since I started bow hunting about 9 years ago. I’m planning on getting it back out this year to go with a buddy on his first hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F250

FNG
Don't overlook the Browning XBOLTs. My wife has one in a lefty and is very happy with it.

NDGuy

WKR
Tikka T3 30-06
Ruger American Predator 6.5 CM
Older Savage .243

I will probably get a CA Mesa when/if they make a long action or a Bergara if they decide to make a lefty soon.

Last edited:

davsco

WKR
Christensen Arms is offering the Mesa and the Ridgeline in left hand now. Introducing Left-Handed Rifles - Christensen Arms

And Montana Rifles has most every caliber available in left hand...

yeah if CA had a lefty ridgeline in 300wsm or wm i would have gotten that instead of the tikka. i seem to have heard enough questionable about montana despite a lot of good that i didn't consider them in my latest purchase. but yeah they have a bunch of lefty options on gunbroker and prob elsewhere.

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
yeah if CA had a lefty ridgeline in 300wsm or wm i would have gotten that instead of the tikka. i seem to have heard enough questionable about montana despite a lot of good that i didn't consider them in my latest purchase. but yeah they have a bunch of lefty options on gunbroker and prob elsewhere.

I'm a lefty, and I had Montana build me a .300 WSM. It wasn't cheap, and it took a long time to get but it is a nice rifle, accurate and has been very reliable. I've had it for 3-4 years now and taken a number of animals with it...

howl

WKR
I buy used A-Bolts. 300 WM vs WSM comes down to how the rifle holds for you.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
[h=2]What rifles are you lefties shooting?[/h]

Whatever right handed rifle I want. I only need one shot at a time anyway, but have rapid fired RH bolt action rifles in the past when needed as well. But that's what I grew up with and have been shooting that way for over 40 years.

NDGuy

WKR
Christensen Arms is offering the Mesa and the Ridgeline in left hand now

I goofed with my wording I meant if they make a long action. My next rifle I want to be a 7mm or .300 Win since I already have a 6.5

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Gotcha. I wouldn't be afraid of a Montana Rifle Co. They have a ton of chamberings in left, including 7mm & .300 Win.

I've got my eye on a Cooper Model 92 Backcountry in .280 AI right now.....sweet stick but it's spendy...

WKR
Remington 700 actions, rest is upgraded stuff. Never warmed up to tikka.

codym

WKR
Whatever right handed rifle I want. I only need one shot at a time anyway, but have rapid fired RH bolt action rifles in the past when needed as well. But that's what I grew up with and have been shooting that way for over 40 years.

Same. I wouldn’t know what to do with a left handed long gun at this point in my life.

OP
lyle_destroys
Same. I wouldn’t know what to do with a left handed long gun at this point in my life.
Ill probably end up doing the same thing. Options and prices are just so much better in the right handed variety. Most of what I shoot now is right so whats it matter.