What side bar stablizer should i get?

My current setup has a 10" bee stinger, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Should I get a 8" sidebar or use my 10" as a sidebar and buy a 12" front bar? Also seems funny to use different types of stabs on one bow... Seems like most folks aren't using the sport hunter extreme and switching to smaller diameter stabs. Sport hunter extreme considered old school these days?

Attachments

• 20231209_154920.jpg
    20231209_154920.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 32

big44a4

WKR
My current setup has a 10" bee stinger, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Should I get a 8" sidebar or use my 10" as a sidebar and buy a 12" front bar? Also seems funny to use different types of stabs on one bow... Seems like most folks aren't using the sport hunter extreme and switching to smaller diameter stabs. Sport hunter extreme considered old school these days?

I personally don’t care about stabilizer diameter. I use a 15/12 so I can use less weight. All depends how you hunt too. A 15” front bar in a pop up or ground blind is a pain. I try to shoot my bow the same all the time with full quiver and both bars on.

What’s the reason you want one? Is your bow needing it?

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Ive tried them before and hated it. I rarely run a stabilizer these days. And never run a side stabilizer.

Reactions: Zac

jimh406

WKR
If you are doing it to counterbalance your quiver, try carrying less arrows or use a different type quiver. For hunting, I prefer shorter instead of longer. Another option is to add more weight to the riser or use a heavier front stabilizer.

4rcgoat

WKR
I run a 15 inch out front with an 8inch side bar. I think with a side bar the mount being able to articulate to whichever angle feels right is most crucial,small adjustments in or out,up or down make a difference.
Both bars are b stinger

Get you a chubby doinker.

My wife loves mine so much that she got one for herself….

I just bought a 14.75 TAP front stab with 2 weights and a 8.75 side stab with 4 weights and bought an extra 4 stack of weights. Front bar should come out to around 15" and side bar at 10" both with quick disconnects. I'll let you know how it works out when I get them this week.

Best thing I ever did was ditch ALL stabilizers. Less to pack/carry and if the bow is balanced and fits you....there's no need. I see no added noise.....just less weight.

Even balanced I still like a 12 inch without weight,make setting my bow on ground better if stalking and is a nice carry handle.
I can also throw my sternum strap over it and buckle and its hands free carry.

Reactions: Zac

4rcgoat

WKR
Even balanced I still like a 12 inch without weight,make setting my bow on ground better if stalking and is a nice carry handle.
I can also throw my sternum strap over it and buckle and its hands free carry.
Absolutely agree, I thought a 15 inch stab out front would be a pain,one of the most useful additions to my bows.

Absolutely agree, I thought a 15 inch stab out front would be a pain,one of the most useful additions to my bows.
I couldn't agree more. I bought a 15" Tap stab for the front and with weights the side bar is 10" and it balances my bow perfect. It is a night and day difference and has improved my pin float and shooting a ton. Sam at tap stabilizers is awesome and talked to me on the phone for 30 min to answer questions I had.

I just bought a 14.75 TAP front stab with 2 weights and a 8.75 side stab with 4 weights and bought an extra 4 stack of weights. Front bar should come out to around 15" and side bar at 10" both with quick disconnects. I'll let you know how it works out when I get them this week.
Same but I have the 12" on the side. 3oz out front and 7 in back. Measured yesterday and with quick release and weights it's actually close to 17" in front and over 13 out back. TAP makes good stabs and they are a little less expensive than some of the more promoted ones. Very clean without all the stuff hanging off of them. They are internally dampened.
Inline 5 lower.jpg