What to do with inaccurate rifle

SwiftShot

WKR
About 6 years ago picked up a new inline muzzleloader that would not hit paper at 50 yards. I spent 2 days at the range with tons of guys trying to figure it out. I mean it held about 4 foot group at 50 yards. Well something was wrong with the bore on it. The store I purchased it from took it back and sent it back to the manufacturer. They swapped me no problem. The new one well it holds a little over 3 inches at 100 yards open sights. That is the best I can shoot. Sometimes things go wrong. I am betting it is the tube.

Get rid of it. There are too many good rifles out there that will shoot accurately to waste your time on one that won’t.

Maz7869

FNG
If you haven’t already take off the scope and have your gunsmith remount and bed it. The gun is shooting both horizontal and vertical groups, you might have an easy fix.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks for all the responses and feedback. Spoke to Christensen and it is going back to them. Hopefully they can get it close enough to respectful that I can either keep it or sell it in good conscience.

Now I‘ll just decide if I take my 30-06 Browning BAR II on a moose hunt or buy another rifle. FWIW, the Browning shot better than the Christensen with a variety of ammo
Have you heard anything from Christiensen?

OP
F

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Got it back a few weeks ago. Re barrelled, re-bed and action cleaned up. Shot group from Cristensen looks promising. Hoping to get scope remounted and test fire next week.

Customer service was very easy and quick