What’s on your Thanksgiving menu?

Turkey day menu

• Total voters
Oven roasted turkey
Spatchcocked/injected/brined smoked turkey (turned out incredible)
Moms secret mashed potatoes and homemade gravy
Homemade Cornbread stuffing
Smoked Ham
Homemade Charro Beans
Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potaotes
Home grown/jarred jalapeño jelly with home whipped cream cheese
Obviously home baked pies we did a cherry, apple, pumpkin, and everyone’s favorite so we made 3 pecan pies.

We had 27 family and friends over for a full on feast this year. Beyond thankful!

Oven roasted turkey
Smoked Ham
Homemade Charro Beans
Sweet Potaotes
Obviously home baked pies we did a cherry, apple, pumpkin, and everyone’s favorite so we made 3 pecan pies.

We had 27 family and friends over for a full on feast this year. Beyond thankful!
Jalapeño jam 🤤

Oven roasted turkey
Smoked Ham
Homemade Charro Beans
Sweet Potaotes

Spatchcocked birds are amazing. I think this is our 5th or 6th year cooking with that technique. +1

Brined in 1 gal. veg, broth, 1 cup sea salt, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Bring brine to boil to dissolve salt then let cool to room temp. Put turkey in lined 5 gal. bucket with brine solution, top off with cold water to cover bird, then in frig. forResized_20231123_140249.jpeg 24 hours. Drain and rinse well, Coat with veg oil then season with S &P. smoke on weber over hickory wood. Brine is the answer to dry white meat.

Allsups burritos while calling coyotes this year
I have a love hate relationship with that place.

First they are consistantly consistant. Most of the time they taste the same. My absolute favorite location is in Carizozo, it is clean and they always have a good stock of burritos. My 2nd favorite Allsups is the one in Almogordo on the west side of town. Only because it is newer.

But their burritos give me gas, and the shits. I can't stop eating them though.

We kept it simple this year with roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, and cornbread stuffing. Washed down with a snake river zonker.

Brined in 1 gal. veg, broth, 1 cup sea salt, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Bring brine to boil to dissolve salt then let cool to room temp. Put turkey in lined 5 gal. bucket with brine solution, top off with cold water to cover bird, then in frig. forView attachment 631359 24 hours. Drain and rinse well, Coat with veg oil then season with S &P. smoke on weber over hickory wood. Brine is the answer to dry white meat.
Yep I did a 24 hour brine and have done so for the last 5 years. I think I’ve “perfected” my brine mix which always smells so damn good cooking up to a boil.

This year was my first year spatchcocking the bird. I took it a step further and pulled out the entire breast bone as well for very clean presentation and super easy carving.

It helps the bird cook/smoke super evenly and gets it done quicker as well. I kept the smoker rolling at about 275-290 and it turned out perfect.

I injected the bird as well with creole butter for the first time this year. After injecting I did a heavy coat of meat church holy voodoo rub and then let it roll into the smoker.

Best bird yet! Company couldn’t get over how juicy and flavorful the turkey was.

Yep I did a 24 hour brine and have done so for the last 5 years. I think I’ve “perfected” my brine mix which always smells so damn good cooking up to a boil.

This year was my first year spatchcocking the bird. I took it a step further and pulled out the entire breast bone as well for very clean presentation and super easy carving.

It helps the bird cook/smoke super evenly and gets it done quicker as well. I kept the smoker rolling at about 275-290 and it turned out perfect.

I injected the bird as well with creole butter for the first time this year. After injecting I did a heavy coat of meat church holy voodoo rub and then let it roll into the smoker.

Best bird yet! Company couldn’t get over how juicy and flavorful the turkey was.

Are you using the slaughterhouse brine recipe?

Back