What's the deal with KUIU? Disappointing!!

I do not own any Kuiu items, but it seems this could have been avoided. It's your responsibility to know your size. This forum would have 20 people help you within minutes if you posted a question like "Do Kuiu pants fit the same as Levi's (insert name brand) "

I understand your frustration, but I would have asked to speak to another customer service or a supervisor.
In general, yes. But KUIU sizing is different than what a lot of people are used too. I'm a L in nearly everything and KUIU L fits me. But some pieces (jackets I've noticed mostly) are less roomy than anything else L I buy. I'm starting to think all my other L clothing looks baggy, lol. And like another post said, they have the possibility of being inconsistent. I have two pair of 36" Tiburon pants and one 36" Tiburon shorts. The shorts definitely fit more loosely. Not enough to change the size but noticeable. No matter how many people you talk to, you won't know until you actually try them on. People are subjective when determining fit (and function) and one person doesn't describe it the same as another. It's one reason I've outfitted myself in KUIU, I've figured out the sizing for me and the sizing works.

fatlander

WKR
If you qualify for LEO adventures, you can buy Sitka at a discount off all day, everyday.

I do give my Kuiu rain gear a nod above all the Sitka stuff I’ve handled. Kuiu hip zips are nice but every pair of Sitka pants I have has held up much better than my Kuiu attacks. YMMV.

I’ve never needed Sitka customer service since I started buying their products in 2013. I think that in it of itself speaks volumes with the abuse I put my stuff through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoot

WKR
If you qualify for LEO adventures, you can buy Sitka at discount off all day, everyday.

I do give my Kuiu rain gear a nod above all the Sitka stuff I’ve handled. Kuiu hip zips are nice but every pair of Sitka pants I have has held up much better than my Kuiu attacks. YMMV.

I’ve never needed Sitka customer service since I started buying their products in 2013. I think that in it of itself speaks volumes with the abuse I put my stuff through.

If you contact sitka directly, they will extend the 40% discount to military veterans as well, without having to go through LEO adventures...

OP
ELKhunter60

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the guy who originally posted this thread. I'm pretty surprised at the amount of folks that viewed/responded to this thread and the different perspectives I've seen. It's been interesting to me and I appreciate everyone's input. Going forward, my approach to purchasing new high end hunting gear will change.

1) If I cannot exchange sale items due to sizing issues - I will purchase a couple of different sizes and return what doesn't fit (if they take returns).

2) I will review the return policy and perhaps NOT purchase anything if the policy does not meet my expectations.

3) I will review the warranty and NOT purchase anything if the policy does not meet my expectations.

It's plain to see times have changed. I guess I might need to change my approach as well. The days of purchasing something and assuming the company will exchange or refund your purchase within a reasonable timeframe is no longer standard practice.

Hopefully some of you have learned a few things as well.

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
In general, yes. But KUIU sizing is different than what a lot of people are used too. I'm a L in nearly everything and KUIU L fits me. But some pieces (jackets I've noticed mostly) are less roomy than anything else L I buy. I'm starting to think all my other L clothing looks baggy, lol. And like another post said, they have the possibility of being inconsistent. I have two pair of 36" Tiburon pants and one 36" Tiburon shorts. The shorts definitely fit more loosely. Not enough to change the size but noticeable. No matter how many people you talk to, you won't know until you actually try them on. People are subjective when determining fit (and function) and one person doesn't describe it the same as another. It's one reason I've outfitted myself in KUIU, I've figured out the sizing for me and the sizing works.

I'm glad this post morphed into sizing because I had no idea about the inconsistency.
As mentioned earlier, I will definitely stick with Sitka and be assured I'm ordering he correct size.

I've been happy with the kuiu clothing i own. Ive always recommended it to my hunting buddies. This year my hunting partner bought the mountain star tent. He was very happy with it even though its quite expensive. His very first hunt with the new tent a windstorm came in the middle of the night and blew over a tree that almost crushed him and was real close to my tent as well. Very close call and the tent ended up with two, 2" holes in it. Glad to be unscathed but pissed about the $500 tent I reassured him kuiu was a good company and would fix or replace the tent, considering the circumstances. Well, I'll just say now that I was wrong lol.
I know its not kuius fault a tree fell and tore the tent, but it seems most top hunting companies will go out of their way to keep paying customers happy. My other friend ran over his pair of swaro 15s after setting them on his truck tire. They were f#cked but swaro had him send them in and fixed for free.

crs_100

FNG
I’ve had Kuiu gear for years. Ordered my first pants from Jason since they were one of the first companies to offer camo in tall sizes. Over the years, the company has changed, but I echo what’s been said above- call back and get someone else. I burned a hole in a pair of pants and it was entirely my fault, and Kuiu sent me a fabric sample to repair for free, but I had to call twice to get someone willing to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had good luck with the Kuiu Products. Its hard buying pants direct without being able to try them on. I had to send two pairs back before. Once I doubled ordered from them at 1am. There might have been whiskey involved that night... but once I sent it back they refunded me. Finding good help is no joke. As a business you are only as good as your worst employee.

npm352

WKR
I just got a pair of 32 pants on sale, but needed 34...sale was over. They honored sale price and shopped for free. They were fine to work with from my limited experience. I prefer Sitka because I can get long length pants, but I wanted to try a pair of Tiburons for extreme heat hunts after getting some recommendations here on RS.

wernerjd

FNG
About 3 years ago I tried to get some of there clothing and had a hard time. I called there customer service and they were very patient with me. They sent me an email right away with the clothing that they offered with the style of hunting I do. The problem I had was they never had the sizes I needed. It took me three months to just get the coat and a shirt. There was two there shirts and pants to complete the set and I had three months in it. When I would call and ask when they thought the clothing would be in I would always get two weeks or check back. Well after 3 more month I sent everything back and went and bought Sitka. I can usually always get what I want and be home with it in an hour or less. I have always liked there patterns.

chuckles

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest complaint I’ve had with kuiu is that when ordering the same item over a span of a couple years their sizes changed. Bought a large shirt it for great, reordered a large a year or 2 later and it was giant. Ordered a medium and it matched my previous large. Has the same issues in pants.
My wife and I Have become a fan boy if FL.

I've had good luck with Kuiu, even calling because my buckles were coming loose on my new pack and they were more than helpful. When I first started buying their clothes, I was in between sizes. When I called to exchange, I had to buy the other pair, but they paid for the shipping for me. Once they received them I got my money back and they honored the sale price from when I originally purchased.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka is awesome.
"Badlands" is second to none. They have a lifetime warranty and awesome customer service. You will not be disappointed!

I use both brands have never been disappointed.

boom

WKR
The move would have been to buy both sizes and send back the ill-fitting pair.
I did that for a friend coming off a work run on a cargo ship with no time to shop before a hunt I returned the ones that didn’t fit. My bud owes me big time.

either way I hope it works out.

Really like the attack pants Just slightly over my Sitka pants but I did have cs issues also with a pack I bought from them. I decided then that the pants is the only items I would purchase from them.

Laned

WKR
Maybe try Sixsite. I hear they run a little small too, but their customer service policy seems to be what you're looking for.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
They should just properly size their clothing in the first place. Same with FL. FL runs huge on some items. No excuse for so big a difference on sizing between companies. At the price point they sit in, the sizing issues should be long done with!